Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

I found a setting on my camera that could make my photos even better

I was looking through the manual of my Canon S5, and It says that If I set the compression level to Superfine, the photos will come out with higher quality. I will take photos some time soon to see if it is successful.

Ya my cam has that, but I dunno if the quality can get improved, Ill try it too =]~

No such setting on my cameras. Every camera company has a different name for things & different menu & control layout as well. You really just have to fiddle a lot & read the instruction book.

- A

I haven't touched a Canon in a while, but my Nikon has the following quality choices: basic, normal, and fine. Fine clearly being the "highest" quality and the biggest files.

To be honest, i've not noticed a difference between normal and fine. Basic seems to have some artifacts (you gotta be picky though to see some of them). I'd stick with the middle of the road setting.

Things like noise and exposure are going to have a much more significant impact on the "quality" of your images, not the JPG compression levels.

• 2 weeks later...
I was looking through the manual of my Canon S5, and It says that If I set the compression level to Superfine, the photos will come out with higher quality. I will take photos some time soon to see if it is successful.

the files come out bigger in superfine tho

good luck with your test, let me kno bout the results lol

Archived