What does route 13 mean?

KeystoneRegional

The (MTA) did plan to use route (13)

(8) = Exp (6) which would replace <6>

(11) = Exp (7) which would replace <7>

(12) = Exp (2) (Bronx) with service to Dyre Ave

(13) = (3) which would go to 137 street or Flatbush

(14) = (4) bronx exp or (4) to Flatbush/New Lots Ave

The (MTA) had extrat rollsign just in case. They (MTA) had the plan to these routes but the plan was dropped.

The (MTA) did plan to use route (13)

(8) = Exp (6) which would replace <6>

(11) = Exp (7) which would replace <7>

(12) = Exp (2) (Bronx) with service to Dyre Ave

(13) = (3) which would go to 137 street or Flatbush

(14) = (4) bronx exp or (4) to Flatbush/New Lots Ave

The (MTA) had extrat rollsign just in case. They (MTA) had the plan to these routes but the plan was dropped.

Nah I think the 13 was the replacement of the (9) Van Cortland skip stop

FYI: (8) to (13) only on the R62/A

Also btw besieds that, its funny that on the side there is a (12) green and on the second car I think thats purple (11)

if any1 can see :)

img_71302.jpg

Also btw besieds that, its funny that on the side there is a (12) green and on the second car I think thats purple (11)

The (MTA) never planned to have (13) to replace (9) on skip stop service.

I know there is (12) green.

Suprisingly, They don't have those. They were never planned.

Yes they were planned in the past but it was dropped

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unused_New_York_City_Subway_service_labels

http://blake.prohosting.com/~tptsm/~bullets/1979/index.html

http://www.erictb.info/linehistory.html

The (I) and (O) were never planned because the (I) similarity to a "1"and (O)due to similarity with zero.

The (I) and (O) were never planned because the (I) similarity to a "1"and (O)due to similarity with zero.

Ohhhhhhhh.................:cool::)

if any1 can see :)

Humm, yeah I noticed that purple (11) on the second car! Guess the (MTA) is giving them a fresh breath before they get hidden again... B)!

I noticed that too. Someone must like them...

Suprisingly, They don't have those. They were never planned.

Kexpress is right. Plus, I believe the (P), (U), (X), and (Y) exist on rollsigns, although not all. I remember seeing a webpage where someone saw the (X).

Humm, I would really think these numbering will be better than just saying oh Express, oh Local... Since some tourists may think Express as (expressing your feeling) and Local as (people in a metro area)... These numbers should be used anyways for easier and more reliable service! B)!

I feel...

-(H) should be the Howard Beach Shuttle instead of (S),

-(K) should be used as a train from Jamaica using the Chrystie Street connection to go uptown to Inwood via the (JFK) connection at West-4th...

-(P) should be used to serve as Franklin Shuttle.

-(X) should be used to serve as (F) express.

-(Y) should be used to serve as (R) express.

-(10), (11), (12), (13) and (14) should be used as described to be diamond service

-(8), (I) and (O) shouldn't be used...

~At least it is better than saying Express and Local...

And KExpress. I like the purple (11)... It makes me think about the (MTA) being addicted to Rhyming or the 7-11 convienience store... See 7 and 11 is both purple! B)!

Wait a minute... that would be very confusing.

(H) was the Rockaways shuttle before. Seeing as it's only a shuttle it doesn't really deserve a full letter designation.

Do we really need the (K) to come back in that capacity? Really, it's unnecessary. You could easily make the same trip with transfers within the system.

Again, the Franklin Shuttle is just that, a shuttle. It doesn't deserve a full letter designation.

There is no need for an <(F)> or an <(R)>. If those services were added it would screw up service, as either you would overload the QBL tracks or reduce service on the locals, which is unacceptable at today's passenger levels.

Regarding using the double digit numbers:

1. It can't be done with the R142/As. The spaces for the digits on the signs cannot support more than one digit. When the R62/As are retired and the subway is fully NTT, double digits will not be possible.

2. There's really no point in redesignating the <6> and <7>. After all, what is an (11) train? :) Besides, keeping them separate forces the announcements to say "express" or "local" rather than just the line, which clears things up.

Besides, tourists have their own express and local trains in their own countries... I highly doubt they would get confused between meanings.

Humm, I would really think these numbering will be better than just saying oh Express, oh Local... Since some tourists may think Express as (expressing your feeling) and Local as (people in a metro area)... These numbers should be used anyways for easier and more reliable service! B)!

I feel...

-(K) should be used as a train from Jamaica using the Chrystie Street connection to go uptown to Inwood via the (JFK) connection at West-4th...

-(10), (11), (12), (13) and (14) should be used as described to be diamond service

And KExpress. I like the purple (11)... It makes me think about the (MTA) being addicted to Rhyming or the 7-11 convienience store... See 7 and 11 is both purple! :)!

(H) is use in subway language as the Rocaway Shuttle. Since the line is short, there's no point for it to have it's own letter. The (K) should not be brought back, we could just walk to transfer.

(P) should not repalce the Frankin Avenue Shuttle; too short

(X), there's no point of running (F) express during peak hours

(Y) Are you crazy, there's no express anywhere on the (R)

(10)-(14), No need, that's why there are diamonds for routes like <4>, <5>, <6>, <7>! People wouldn't remember it all.

Guest Charles

I feel...

And KExpress. I like the purple (11)... It makes me think about the (MTA) being addicted to Rhyming or the 7-11 convienience store... See 7 and 11 is both purple! :)!

I agree with everyone else that there's no NEED for these. And even if there was a need, this would be the last thing on the (MTA)'s mind right now. They're extremely cash strapped. They're not going to start telling everyone about a new (K) or (P) service. It'd make regular NYC commuters confused and annoyed as well. Even if the public does accept it, the MTA then has to install the rollsigns, stick the route in stations and on station signs, revise their maps, etc. Whatever happens, NO WAY will you hear about a new (P) shuttle anytime soon.

And speaking of which. I think the (S) shuttle makes perfect sense. Duh. S.

Well, for the IRT, I like double digits to represent express... How about a (9) train that is (1) Express? LOLz, :P...

Well, how about a (P) to Douglaston? Hehe, that would be fair to all since North-Eastern Queens is like have no service, B), :P, ;)...

There really is no capacity for a (1) express. Much of the line north is two-tracked, and the express tracks south of that section are taken up by the (2)(3).

Again, double digits really aren't worth it. If it's really the same service, no need to designate it differently.

Off topic, but dude, what time do you go to bed? I'm looking at your post and it says 2:03AM at the top!

The P service would have only existed if there was an Amtrak strike back in the early nineties if my memory serves me correctly. With Amtrak striking, LIRR wouldn't be able to enter NYP, so the P service would run express from Jamaica Center to 34th St. It would run via the Jamaica Line, through Chrystie Street to the Sixth Avenue Line, and then switching to the Eighth Avenue Line at West Fourth.

The P service would have only existed if there was an Amtrak strike back in the early nineties if my memory serves me correctly. With Amtrak striking, LIRR wouldn't be able to enter NYP, so the P service would run express from Jamaica Center to 34th St. It would run via the Jamaica Line, through Chrystie Street to the Sixth Avenue Line, and then switching to the Eighth Avenue Line at West Fourth.

You're almost 100 % there. That was the idea for the service. Internally it was called "P" train, for Penn Station. I can assure you that there never was a "P" rollsign and never will be, for obvious reasons. As for the rollsigns on the 62/62A cars only the (1)-(7) and (9) were ever used. #8 is the IRT 3rd Ave El.The numbers 1-15 were used on the BMT when I was a kid (and even earlier). IIRC 1 was Brighton, 7 was Franklin-Brighton and, 13-15 ran through B'way Junction and Atlantic Ave on the Jamaica, Fulton, Canarsie tracks.

You're almost 100 % there. That was the idea for the service. Internally it was called "P" train, for Penn Station. I can assure you that there never was a "P" rollsign and never will be, for obvious reasons. As for the rollsigns on the 62/62A cars only the (1)-(7) and (9) were ever used. #8 is the IRT 3rd Ave El.The numbers 1-15 were used on the BMT when I was a kid (and even earlier). IIRC 1 was Brighton, 7 was Franklin-Brighton and, 13-15 ran through B'way Junction and Atlantic Ave on the Jamaica, Fulton, Canarsie tracks.

If there ever was a plan for a "P" rollsign would it have been yellow?

Joking...

Sorry couldn't resist... :)

You're almost 100 % there. That was the idea for the service. Internally it was called "P" train, for Penn Station. I can assure you that there never was a "P" rollsign and never will be, for obvious reasons./QUOTE]

Yeah I doubted the rollsign part, but I remembered hearing about that plan somewhere.

Archived