R-1/9 A Train / 75th Birthday

Brighton Local

After the press conference at Inwood-207 St, the R-1/9's went in REVENUE service via Central Park West / 8 Av Express to Chambers St - World Trade Center; then made a return trip to Inwood-207. Really great And loud ride. And of course, the reaction of peoples faces wen we pulled in and out of stations.

Heres some coverage :

DSCN6583.jpg

DSCN6598.jpg

DSCN6601.jpg

DSCN6605.jpg

DSCN6609.jpg

DSCN6613.jpg

DSCN6615.jpg

DSCN6616.jpg

DSCN6617.jpg

DSCN6619.jpg

DSCN6621.jpg

DSCN6623.jpg

DSCN6631.jpg

DSCN6635.jpg

DSCN6638.jpg

DSCN6639.jpg

DSCN6649.jpg

DSCN6651.jpg

DSCN6657.jpg

DSCN6659.jpg

my camera isnt really underground friendly...

Zach

no flash in the subway! flash will TOTALLY ruin your subway photos, just like the ones above. here's why:

1) the light for the flash can only reach a certain distance, if its too far away then it will come out dark

2) anything close to the camera or anything that is shiny will be reflected and therefore ruining your picture

if your using flash because you're afraid your pictures will come out shaky, do this:

if you have a SLR, then set the settings. that is out of my range of knowledge so you'll have to ask someone

if you have a regular camera, look for something like theater mode or sports mode or something similar. my Nikon L11 camera has a sports mode which increases the ISO speed therefore i can have the flash off and also have un-blurry pictures

DUDE...... PLease stop telling me how to take pictures...

EVERYONE WAS BASICALLY USing a flash today. My camera does not work well underground, as to why 99% of my pix are outside....

I'M AWARE OF THE NO FLASH RULE; Hence that rule was OVERRODE TODAY by the extreme!

why are you all angry all of a sudden? since when am i trying to tell you how to take pictures? i was only merely giving a suggestion. if you don't want me to comment then just say so no need to be so angry.

Please people, no one here is claiming to be a professional photographer. We all shoot for the fun and enjoyment of it. Please refrain from telling people how to shoot photographs. Everyone knows about the flash restriction in the subways. We do not need to be constantly reminded about this rule. If you're at a special subway event, such as the IND 75th, and everyone using flash, don't be an idiot, turn on your flash and take advantage of the situation. Just respect the train operator in the process. The flash police wasn't there enforcing this restriction on that special day.

Nice photos Zach! And I agree with Jack on this one, nothing fancy but to the point. Exactly what I wanted to see.

Archived