M train run on the R to 57th? No Js~

mark1447

Ya no switch problem, but no (J):

Posted on:12/4/2008 7:37:48AM

Due to a switching problem at the Broad Street Station:

There is no (J) train service between the Chambers Street Station and the Broad Street Station.

Middle Village-bound (M) trains are running on the (R) line from the Court Street Station to the 57th Street-7th Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (J), (M) and (R) trains at this time.

Now first of all how can Queens bound (M) run to 57th? There is not switch for BMT Eastern Line unless via Chrystie street Connection?

And why would the (R) be delayed? LOL

I would've liked to see the (M) running up Broadway! By the time I left Metro a little after 8am service was back to normal though. It would've been weird to get off the (M) at Canal and then get back on the (M) going uptown along Broadway. I guess that was the only thing they could do with the (M) trains coming from Bay Parkway since they couldn't get through Broad St

Now first of all how can Queens bound (M) run to 57th? There is not switch for BMT Eastern Line unless via Chrystie street Connection?

And why would the (R) be delayed? LOL

The (M) just continued along with the (R) uptown instead of going into Broad St. it came into the city from Brooklyn via Whitehall. I guess they turned the trains around at 57th/7th Ave and they came back down Broadway to return to Bay Parkway because there is no way for the (M) to get back to Middle Village from Broadway. This only lasted about an hour I think, maybe not even that long.

I wonder if they actually have a program for that on the (M) trains

The R160s are suppose to have numerous programs for the (M) in case it needs to run to Manhattan via another line. I believe there is a program for the (M) to 57th Street/7th Street. Theres a program if ever need be running via the 6th Avenue line I believe.

This is one wierd reroute. But still it makes sense due to the exsisting Chrystie Street Connection! ;)!

The Chrystie St connection is not used for this reroute. The N/B trains are rerouted up Broadway coming through the Montague tunnels...bottom green when they get to the split entering Manhattan and its done. The Chrystie St connection is for connection from the Nassau St line to the 6av line not the Bway line.

Archived