Are there still R40 slants running on the A?

duelingdragons

Yes they are. I rode on one yesterday. T/O was driving with the cab open. Got to checkout the controls ;) Wasn't cool that he was playing with his GF or wife while driving the train. He was paying more attention to her, eating, moving around the cab doing other things will not looking up front at the signals.

I'm gonna be in the city this weekend and I want to catch a few shots of some R40 slants.

The (;) obviously won't be running... but are there still /'s on the (A)?

Thanks. =)

Yeah they are still running. I believe there are 2-3 sets on the (A). I know that lately there has been 2 for Lefferts bound but I have also seen them change to Far Rock. So good luck locating them, your best bet would be going to Rockaway blvd and taking them from there.

They only run them randomly. BoD is back, so they MIGHT be up there being strpped.

I'm going from chambers to 168th on the (A) to fan the last confirmed week of the south ferry loop being in regular operation. Come along! :D

- A

If anyone want luck, see if you can handle to stay in a station in the Middle of the Route and get your feet ready in case it is arrived at a different bound platform...
Not if you wait at Chambers or Broadway Nassau! Both are center island platforms.

I'm telling you Rockaway Blvd is your best bet right now.
You'll be waiting a while to watch the cycle. If you're in Queens or Brooklyn already so that you're close to Rockaway Blvd, then just stay put. If you're in Manhattan and close to downtown, stick around Chambers for abit.

When I went Slant hunting a few weeks ago, I saw it leave Chambers St Broolyn bound so I followed it with the next (A) train. I was lucky since my only waiting was for it at Rockaway Blvd cause I didn't want to chance it and be at a spot that I'm ready for a photo once the train comes back (it did go to Far Rock so waiting was about 30 minutes).

Not if you wait at Chambers or Broadway Nassau! Both are center island platforms.

You'll be waiting a while to watch the cycle. If you're in Queens or Brooklyn already so that you're close to Rockaway Blvd, then just stay put. If you're in Manhattan and close to downtown, stick around Chambers for abit.

When I went Slant hunting a few weeks ago, I saw it leave Chambers St Broolyn bound so I followed it with the next (A) train. I was lucky since my only waiting was for it at Rockaway Blvd cause I didn't want to chance it and be at a spot that I'm ready for a photo once the train comes back (it did go to Far Rock so waiting was about 30 minutes).

Not to mention if you wait at Rockaway Blvd and the train arrives on the other platform you are going to have to hit that underpass like a marathon runner if you want to ride it... and personally I'm of the belief that running to catch a train is pretty stupid...

I do believe with the arrival of the new A-2s and 9103+, All the Slants are now on the (A), this has not been confirmed, but I highly doubt this is true. Also, according to the MTA Employee Bulletin, R40s and R42s are due to run on the (C) starting monday (subject to change). I'm not sure if all the slants have been transferred. I'll try and see if i can get some juicy info :)

Archived