(N)(Q)(R) no (W)?

Luis1985

Im going to say the (N) would be Local between Canal St and Midtown-57 St/7 Av replacing the (W), via the Manhattan Bridge, OR it might go back through Montague St, making all Local stops via Lower Manhattan between DeKalb and 57 St. If/when the Broadway Express (Q) gets extended to Astoria, I only see it going there weekdays, much like what the (W) does. Late nights & weekends, the (Q) will terminate at 57 St/7 Av. No need for 2 services on the Astoria Line, late nightd and weekends.

Im going to say the (N) would be Local between Canal St and Midtown-57 St/7 Av replacing the (W), via the Manhattan Bridge, OR it might go back through Montague St, making all Local stops via Lower Manhattan between DeKalb and 57 St. If/when the Broadway Express (Q) gets extended to Astoria, I only see it going there weekdays, much like what the (W) does. Late nights & weekends, the (Q) will terminate at 57 St/7 Av. No need for 2 services on the Astoria Line, late nightd and weekends.

That exactly how the MTA has done in last few weeks to revise the proposed "N/Q" line Astoria proposal according to NY1 News. Since the doomsday annuncements the "N" will now run all times as Broadway Local between 57th/7th Ave and Canal then via Manhattan Bridge.(N)

All Broadway Local stations in Lower Manhattan & Downtown Brooklyn betwen City Hall & Lawerence would be closed late nights if this happens.

(Q) will remain Express via Manhattan Bridge, there isnt no plan at this time for the (Q) to go to Queens, seeing that it could cost the (MTA) a little more money

(N) would becum the Broadway Local once again via Whitehall or Manhattan Bridge

For now lets think positive we dont wanna see the (W) and (Z) being killed off u know

That exactly how the MTA has done in last few weeks to revise the proposed "N/Q" line Astoria proposal according to NY1 News. Since the doomsday annuncements the "N" will now run all times as Broadway Local between 57th/7th Ave and Canal then via Manhattan Bridge.(N)

All Broadway Local stations in Lower Manhattan & Downtown Brooklyn betwen City Hall & Lawerence would be closed late nights if this happens.

I would think the (N) would run Via the Montague St Tunnel, late nights, like it does now. I think that was an error by the press. Im sorry, I don't see Transit closing off a vital link between Chinatown and DeKalb Av ( Via Lower Manhattan) is going to work. If the (W) expires, I would think the current late night (N)(Q) service would remain the same. Just weekdays, the (N) would run via the Bridge & Broadway Local, while the (Q) runs Express ( hopefully all the way to 57 St, then crosses over), then run the "(W)" Local route between 5 Av and Astoria. Weekends, the (Q) should be terminating at 57 St.

I would think the (N) would run Via the Montague St Tunnel, late nights, like it does now. I think that was an error by the press. Im sorry, I don't see Transit closing off a vital link between Chinatown and DeKalb Av ( Via Lower Manhattan) is going to work. If the (W) expires, I would think the current late night (N)(Q) service would remain the same. Just weekdays, the (N) would run via the Bridge & Broadway Local, while the (Q) runs Express ( hopefully all the way to 57 St, then crosses over), then run the "(W)" Local route between 5 Av and Astoria. Weekends, the (Q) should be terminating at 57 St.

Well, i kinda disagree with you on that. I don't mind the (N) running on the Manhattan Bridge during late nights. People can use the (4) or (6) transferable at Canal St. or 14th St.

If they don't put the (N) through the Lower Manhattan, the (R) will be a big burden since it already takes about 90 minutes from First Stop to Last Stop... I'd bring 1 big mac and 2 cheeseburgers, 1 Large soda and 1 Large Fries on the trip!

We're talking about no service at all during the night time.

Archived