What you think of 24/7 Holiday Music until Christmas Day?

Shortline Bus

Does anyone enjoy listening to radio stations playing Christmas/Holiday season music until Christmas Day? In NYC area, CBS-FM and "LITE FM" WLTW-FM are now doing it.

Is this new radio trandition' overkill?

No this is a way the radio people can layoff those people for a few weeks.

If i hear 'grandma got run over by an reindeer' again or Mariah "I want for X-mas is you' i going to throw up lol.(i am serious)

LMAO, I agree! The only song I don't mind hearing alot is Dominick the Donkey. I generally listen to CBS-FM and 102.7, but for the past couple of weeks I just been listening to my Pod. I can only take hours of X-Mas music when I'm shopping in the stores. And to be honest, these days I'm just not feeling it and I'm being kind of a Scrooge :)

I feel it is really annoying playing all the time... Play it like only from December 21st til' December 31st... 10 days is enough!!!

Actually till about the beginning of the decade(1999/2000) that what about 98% of radio statons used to do. Or it was usually the '24 hours of Christmas' or similar format. I agree 110% with Mr. Wang comments above.

First i heard of month long Christmas music on radio, was when i was on Christmas vaction in Southern California about 10 years ago. A radio station doubled its ratings.

I love Christmas music but this is overkill IMO.

That why radio ratings overall are going down? Even during the rest of the year away from the Xmas season radio station can play a song to death.

Where i live in Hudson River valley upstate, WPDH-FM the only major rock station seems like they play Guns and Roses and Black Sabbath songs like every 5 minutes or so lol.

Archived