Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
B41

The R68/68A's are the best subway cars

I say that the R68/68A's are the best because those cars are one of the only cars(other than the R142/R142A) to have all of their cars in service. If any of you guys have noticed 2500-2924 all 425 still running. 5001-5200: all in service. Isn't that great?:)

I say that the R68/68A's are the best because those cars are one of the only cars(other than the R142/R142A) to have all of their cars in service. If any of you guys have noticed 2500-2924 all 425 still running. 5001-5200: all in service. Isn't that great?:)

I like R68A but not R68 because they are dirty, really.

They all are good cars, but they need a new update in the interiors. Dirty, scratchiti on stainless steel walls, etc.

I'm a huge fan of the R68/A's. I always enjoy riding on them, especially on the D. I wish they had R68A's back on the D but it's no sweat off my back. The 68/A's rock!

The 68/A's rock!

Yep, you got that right. What i love about the R68A is the dim lighting. The R68's are reliable cars just like the R68A.

That's true, but think about it, they are still kinda young compared to the older cars being retired. True, they are one of the best but not the best. I think that the 32's are the best.

The R-32's could easily be the best if it is quieter...

Yet, the R-32 is fast, strong and feeling it'll hold for another few decades...

No way. The R32 should retire first. It will no last long for the next decade.

Mind it and lets move on with life...

Yeah, lets get back to R-68...

And speaking of the R-68, is there any other train heavier in the history of the MTA or only the R-68 is the heaviest?

The R68/68A is 97,720 lbs (48.86 tons). I think that it is the heaviest one out (so far).

As a T/O I do not like the R68/A's do to there braking system, the cars I like the most are the R143/R160A1-2's/R160B's. Best Brakes in the system once you learn that they respond right after you move the controller.