R44 going to early retire?

NYtransit

ive been hearing that it was proposed to make the R44 get early retire, after they make 38-39 years of service,they might just retire because some there failed trucks,or the subway car just failed.but im not sure if this is true because the MTA is in debt.but this can conclude why the R44 is getting replaced by R179's in 2009/2010:rolleyes:

do you think this is true?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ive been hearing that it was proposed to make the R44 get early retire, after they make 38-39 years of service,they might just retire because some there failed trucks,or the subway car just failed.but im not sure if this is true because the MTA is in debt.but this can conclude why the R44 is getting replaced by R179's in 2009/2010:rolleyes:

do you think this is true?

Trust me, R179 are not coming until like 5 years from now.

Don't even think about it for now.

The R179s are not even ordered yet. The MTA has to get the final designs, select a builder, get the cars built and then have them delivered and then get tested. Then put them in service. This could happen in the next decade. Not now. Don't get over-excited. And plus, isn't the MTA in fiscal trouble?

The R44's In my opinion were ahead of their time, I mean, the shape and stuff, they ride so smooth ( not in the rockaways) and the interior is the same since it was since it came out. St Louis car company had it man...too bad the dam trucks had their issues.

The R44's In my opinion were ahead of their time, I mean, the shape and stuff, they ride so smooth ( not in the rockaways) and the interior is the same since it was since it came out. St Louis car company had it man...too bad the dam trucks had their issues.

Very true...they were very modern at their time. Their design was influenced by/influenced the SOAC.

Archived