R44 going to early retire?

NYtransit

Yes, like one R-46 is clean and another is dirty, like the (G) ones are a little more dirty than the (F) ones...

And yes the seats on the R-38, R-40, R-40M and R-42 feels like it is attached with the outside shell of the car, I just feel it may fall out any minute so I usually stand in the front window... :)...

But the sometimes the "(G)" ones go run on the "F" ones.

Then you come running to tell me that the (F) ones are dirtier than the (G) ones.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently, I am still confused. :confused: It makes more sense to say that the people's rear ends have a hard time stablising themselves on a seat on those cars because the car sways, but SEATS? SHELLS??? HUH?????

Again, I will try to decipher the mangled English that AWWang puts forth... I think he means that he feels that the seats on the cars are directly attached to the car bodies, which he feels are flimsy enough that they might break (:confused:), sending seat and seated out of the car and onto the tracks. Ergo he stands by the front window.

Which is a totally preposterous belief, but one that he holds nonetheless.

Again, I will try to decipher the mangled English that AWWang puts forth... I think he means that he feels that the seats on the cars are directly attached to the car bodies, which he feels are flimsy enough that they might break (:confused:), sending seat and seated out of the car and onto the tracks. Ergo he stands by the front window.

Okie, that is werid.....

Between Shakespeare's English and this guy's English, the former seems more comprehensible to me.

LOL! Your interpretation really cracks me up. sending seat and seated out of the car and onto the tracks

HOW WOULD CAR BODIES BREAK????????????? So he's telling me, if I punch a slant, it would break because it is flimsy. I should really try that one day.

Between Shakespeare's English and this guy's English, the former seems more comprehensible to me.

LOL! Your interpretation really cracks me up. sending seat and seated out of the car and onto the tracks

HOW WOULD CAR BODIES BREAK????????????? So he's telling me, if I punch a slant, it would break because it is flimsy. I should really try that one day.

How does it break........

If you take an axe and smashed into the very center of the train, something's gonna crack.

Or from 7LineFan decipher point-of-view

If some little boy kicks the shell it would break and the boy will be charged with homicide?

How does it break........

If you take an axe and smashed into the very center of the train, something's gonna crack.

Or from 7LineFan decipher point-of-view

If some little boy kicks the shell it would break and the boy will be charged with homicide?

Lol, why would someone carry an axe into the system anyway?

I suppose!

Still... I really don't get the guy's logic.

Exactly, why would a seat fall of a train.

First of all, a car body can never fall off since it's stuck to teh machinery, and even if it does become very loose, it still be on top of the machinery. And second, if you stand, how is that anyway safer if the car body falls off.

Like I said before, if you stand how is that any safer than sitting if the car body falls off?

To be honest, reading his posts really helps me prepare for the SAT... identifying sentence errors?

Anyways... after a long run out of topic...

I really think that the R44s are not retiring until early next decade. The earliest I could say is 2013. It will happen after there the R179's delivery and placement in service.

The only way I see a car body breaking is if the body is extremely brittle, by which point it will have been in Atlantis for a while, or if the train crashes a la Union Square or some other wreck.

Back on topic, I agree with MTR. Most likely something similar with the R160 situation, that it replaces cars "on the fly" (for lack of a better phrase) instead of retiring the old class and then introducing the new one.

It seems like you're relating him to Chipper eh?

I'm starting to!

Well, yes agreed fully unless if there is defects.

And ya, they are possibly getting all of the R-44 and R-46 replaced, since they are defective in their early years...

Well, I ain't chipper who chips rumours too much!

Yes, I feel sad to that train, it looks very well but poor car, I would rather have it come to my home and convert it to an road vehicle, :)!

Well the R44/R46 got overhauled, 10 years ago so it is not defective.

And Chipper deosn't spreads rumor, he would if he could think of one, he just asks annoying questions and stuff that people know that is impossible. And he is in love with Staten Island.

Anyways... let me conclude this:

The R44s will not go for early retirement and that they will stay until the order for the replacement cars (R179s) is contracted, delivered, tested and placed into service. Depending on the damage wrought on the car involved in the SIR derailment, that car could be spared from scrapping. The fact is, the SIR has a limited number of cars, it really cannot afford to lose a car.

I do not expect to see NTTs to be in fullblown on the A/C until the R44 retires.

And AWWang, please get your points straight. Say what you have to say and make it clear for other people. We are not going to spend six hours trying to understand what the heck you said.

@R44, R110A is for Division A. Do you mean R110B?

Archived