NFL 2008-09 season

Shortline Bus

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to the land of unemployment, Eric. The Browns fired Crennel, Detroit fires Marinielli, Jets fired Maginii (whatever, i don't know how to spell it).

While i dont like anyone losing a job, those firing was justifed. The Lions will never win again until William Clay Ford(yes the grandson of Henry Ford founder of that car company lol)sells the team. Ford ranks among the Dolan Family(MSG, Knicks & Rangers Owners)and Donald Sterling of the NBA Clippers among the worst owners in North American sports today.

One guy very happy is Mike Singletary. He was promoted to 'full time' Coach and removing the interim of the 49ers.

So a question is this? Does Former Steelers Head Man & Super Bowl winning coach Bill Cower return from the CBS Broadcast booth for either the Jets or Browns openings?

Guest Charles

What the Jets need is a franchise quarterback and a coach with more emotion.

The franchise quarterback draft picks worked for the Ravens and Falcons, so it should would work for the Jets as well.

Guest Charles
Charles do you want the Jets to get Cowher or Mike Holgran or somebody else?

Well Bill Cowher has announced that he is stepping out from the coaching vacancy.

One of the new candidates is Mike Shanahan, who was recently fired by the Denver Broncos. I like his aggressive play-calling style, but I'm not sure it would work with the Jets since he's coached pass-heavy offenses (Jay Cutler, Jake Plummer, etc). The Jets do like to run, and if Brett Favre stays, I'm not sure how he'll hold up.

About Mike Holmgren, he's stated numeroulsy he wants to take 2009 entirely off football. I'm not sure anything can persuade him to come back. So as of right now, I actually don't know who would serve the Jets the best.

NFL Playoffs:

Wild Card Weekend

Baltimore at Miami

Indianapolis at San Diego

Atlanta at Arizona

Philadelphia at Minnesota

I think all the home teams will be upset. Baltimore and Atlanta both can easily win. Indianapolis just has more momentum than san diego. Philadelphia and Minnesota, ergh that's hard. Adrian Peterson vs. Brian Westbrook. Can't really give a definite production.

Well Bill Cowher has announced that he is stepping out from the coaching vacancy.

One of the new candidates is Mike Shanahan, who was recently fired by the Denver Broncos. I like his aggressive play-calling style, but I'm not sure it would work with the Jets since he's coached pass-heavy offenses (Jay Cutler, Jake Plummer, etc). The Jets do like to run, and if Brett Favre stays, I'm not sure how he'll hold up.

About Mike Holmgren, he's stated numeroulsy he wants to take 2009 entirely off football. I'm not sure anything can persuade him to come back. So as of right now, I actually don't know who would serve the Jets the best.

NFL Playoffs:

Wild Card Weekend

Baltimore at Miami

Indianapolis at San Diego

Atlanta at Arizona

Philadelphia at Minnesota

I think all the home teams will be upset. Baltimore and Atlanta both can easily win. Indianapolis just has more momentum than san diego. Philadelphia and Minnesota, ergh that's hard. Adrian Peterson vs. Brian Westbrook. Can't really give a definite production.

Actually IMO the Colts despite being a 'wild card' should have hosted SD.

Now my 1st round winning picks. None of these teams right now are 'locks' to win the forementioned games and ideally we would skip to the conference title games. The Giants, Pathers, Steelers and Titans are right now so much better this season than these clubs in wild card weekend.

Ravens

Colts

Cards

Vikings

Guest Charles
By the way off topic for minute! Peyton Manning today (1/2/09)was selected as the 2008 NFL regular season "Most Valuable Player' award.

Well deserved. Leading the Colts to 9 straight wins to end the season and another trip to the playoffs.

As a Dallas Cowboys fan, I was not surprised by their season, however *gulp* I will root for the NYG to win the NFC.

Why would you root for the Giants to win the NFC? If the Eagles missed the playoffs, I would NEVER root for the Giants/Cowboys/Redskins. However, I rooted for the Giants to beat the Pats in the Super Bowl last year, because I was sick of the Boston area always winning.

Even though I'm an Eagle fan, I think the Panthers will win the Super Bowl over the Titans.

Why would you root for the Giants to win the NFC? If the Eagles missed the playoffs, I would NEVER root for the Giants/Cowboys/Redskins. However, I rooted for the Giants to beat the Pats in the Super Bowl last year, because I was sick of the Boston area always winning.

Even though I'm an Eagle fan, I think the Panthers will win the Super Bowl over the Titans.

I just for some reason don't care for any of the other teams in the NFC, plus NY has always been a strong and decently fair opponent. And out of the AFC, I would like the Titans to get there.

Well the first game of wildcard weekend in the NFL playoff 1st round is over. The Cardinals hosting their first ever playoff game in Arizona since moving from St Louis 20 years ago, beat the Falcons today 30-24.

The Cards won their first postseaon game since 1998, and only their 2nd playoff win since calling the Phoenix area home will now await tommorow's Eagles-Vikings game to see who they will play in the next round.

If Eagles win, Arizona plays Carolina. If Minnesota wins, the Cards travel to the frigid Meadowlands.

Meanwhile the Colts are playing the Bolts in nightcap at SD.

The near miracle turnaround for the Miami Dolphins is over.In the first game of Sunday's wild card doubleheader Baltimore beats the Fish easily 27-9. So the Divisional round of the AFC is set. My picks will be made by Thursday.

<4>Ravens vs (1)Titans

(3)Chargers vs (2)Steelers

I dont understand why cant' Tenn. play San Diego, since the Ravens had a much better regular season record. Lex Express is right, the NFL needs to change their playoff format.

At least after the first round (aka wild card round), seeding/home games should be based only on better regular season record regardless if team wins the division or not IMO.

At least in the NBA and NHL, 'wild card' teams who dont win divisons can have home games in their bulidings over a division winner with a weaker record

The near miracle turnaround for the Miami Dolphins is over.In the first game of Sunday's wild card doubleheader Baltimore beats the Fish easily 27-9. So the Divisional round of the AFC is set. My picks will be made by Thursday.

<4>Ravens vs (1)Titans

(3)Chargers vs (2)Steelers

I dont understand why cant' Tenn. play San Diego, since the Ravens had a much better regular season record. Forest Glen is right, the NFL needs to change their playoff format.

At least after the first round (aka wild card round), seeding/home games should be based only on better regular season record regardless if team wins the division or not IMO.

At least in the NBA and NHL, 'wild card' teams who dont win divisons can have home games in their bulidings over a division winner with a weaker record

Barring a huge comeback, Looks like the Giants will face a neighbor in the next round of the NFL playoffs. The Philadelphia Eagles who like the San Diego Chargers seemed 'dead' & out of playoff contention 3 weeks ago.

NFC 2nd Round match ups

<4>Eagles vs (1)Giants

(3)Cards vs (2)Panthers

Archived