NFL 2008-09 season

Shortline Bus

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must say I prefer Greg Gumbel's NCAA Basketball calling. He's really good, along with Gus Johnson.

Back to the NFL, who is Kenny Albert paired with on FOX?

Darryl Johnston (Moose), and Tony Siragusa (Goose). I usually call that crew "AMG".

I like watching games on CBS than FOX even though obviously I watch more FOX than CBS. CBS has better announcers and it does not have that stupid robot like FOX. CBS also does not have as many flashy graphics like FOX.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory

Fight! Eagles Fight!, score a touchdown 1, 2, 3!

Hit 'em low, hit 'em high, and watch our Eagles fly!

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

Fox more than any other station uses the NFL, MLB Baseball and NASCAR as a platform to get viewers to watch their shows and tries to blend it Hollywood flare with WWE excitment.

Their in game announcers are not that important, as shown by their decision 5 years ago to fire John Madden and 'demote' Pat Summerall and replace them with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman on their #1 NFL announcing team. the graphics and arguably their pre game show co hosted by Terry Bradshaw and Curt Manfee are their NFL staples.

Fox Boss Rupert Mudrock cares little about sports but knows that without the NFL(his network started showing the NFL's NFC conference tv package in the 1994-95 season)his Fox network would have been gone by now like the Dumont and more recent the WB and UPN.

CBS does have better announcers than Fox overall IMO. The only thing i like about Fox coverage is their 'state of art' usage of stats computer usage and 'in game scorebox.'

Off topic. Who has Vegas placed as favorites in the Eagles-cards NFC title game?

My picks in the Confernce Finals.

NFC: Eagles over cards. if McNabb wants to make a serious argument he belongs in the NFL Hall of Fame, he needs to at least make the Super Bowl and win this game. A loss hurts his chances alot IMO.

On paper, Philly is better.

Ravens over Steelers. Very tough call and I wont be surprised if Pittsburgh won either. This game could go either way as both teams are amazingly almost 'twin' brothers with great defenses and a descent running game.

Still Baltimore is on a magic carpert ride similar to their 2000-01 championship season and will pull it out.

FYI. Why is the Steelers-ravens game 'the late game' on Sunday? Temps in Pittsburgh on 1/18 is supposed to be in the mid 20's at kickoff. This is unfair to the fans at the game at Heinz Stadium.

Plus since a 'west coast' team (arizona)is playing IMO, the Eagles-Cards game should have started at apppx 630pm East Coast time.

If the NFL wants to have both conference games in 'prime time' at least have one game at Saturday Evening (ie 6pm east coast time)and another on Sunday evening.

Did anyone realize the Super Bowl quietly switched from FOX to NBC?

Actually NBC did not steal the super bowl from FOX/CBS. As part of the current 6 year TV contract, Fox CBS and NBC all rotate every 3 years and show it twice till end of the 2011/12 season.

So here the super bowl TV line up for next 3 years.

Feb 2010-CBS-Held at Miami(Dolphins Stadium)

Feb 2011-Fox-Dallas Texas area (New Cowboys Stadium)

Feb 2012-NBC-Location To be selected this summer.

The Cards suprise the Eagles 32-25 to make their 1st super bowl in team history. They are among also the last 'oringal' NFL team to make the Big Game. Only the Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions has not made the super bowl among oringal pre-1960 NFL clubs.

Cards only NFL title was in the 'pre super bowl' era winnning it in 1947 when team was in Chicago. Ariozna is only 2nd non-10 win team in full regular non strike season to make the super bowl after the 1979-80 LA Rams with only 9 wins.

Well played Cards. Bye Bye Eagles

LOL at Transit Guy.

Shifting gears to the biz of the NFL. I am sure Dick Ebersol the boss at NBC sports and News, is praying for the Steelers to win. Although they are not the Cowboys popularity wise, Pittsburgh is always in the top 2-3 teams among America's most popular NFL teams. Unlike their MLB cousins the Pirates who is considered a bad team lol.

If Ravens win, this could rank as one of the lowest rated super bowls ever. Not exactly what NBC wants when they been in 'last place' among the 4 major national stations in the ratings(not counting the WB/CW)for almost 4 years now.

The only high profile players in a potential Cards-Ravens match would be Ray Lewis and Kurt Warner.

True. Even a Cards-Steelers matchup, pittsburgh only high profile player is "Big Ben."

I dont think Steeler greats Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, "Mean Joe Greene and more recently Jerome The "Bus" Bettis are available lol.

Guest Charles

Yup, it's official.

Steelers-Cardinals from Tampa in Super Bowl 43.

Steelers 23, Ravens 14.

Scary moment: 4th quarter, 3:29 left. Willis McGahee gets hit in the head, suffering whiplash and had to be carted off the field. He wasn't moving for some time, but he's okay. Thank God for that.

Though I wanted the Ravens to win, congrats to the Steelers.

Archived