When does the PA-5 make its first run in revenue service?

R68 Subway Car

I'm pretty sure they are going to fully replace the red line trains with PA5 when they do go into service. Harrison yard is right there on the red line, so you can easily pop them into service in either direction. This means that they are waiting for more deliveries before you'll see them in service, plus additional crew training in that wait period. :cool:

- A

How about the Journal Square line?

How about the Journal Square line?

The plan is to replace the entire current fleet with PA5's.

JSQ-33 will get them second, 33-hob will get them last. On weekends the red line will have PA5, the jsq-hob-33 will get the older stuff till they are totally outnumbered by PA5. I talked to a conductor that i see often & she said they are waiting for more to be delivered, so... I mean i can ask again next week if i see her, but i trust her info. ;)

- A

I think PA4 is staying, isn't it?

Yes, for another 10-15 years i'd think. I am pretty sure they will be put on the 33-hob line as PA5 numbers increase and the older cars are removed from service. I can ask about this next time i get the chance. B)

- A

for some reason, they cancelled the delay and are going to try to put them into test service TOMORROW, monday the 23 of february:confused:.

This is going to be interesting... I'm planning a trip wednesday as i usually do, so i'll try to get some photos. Usually i look out the window at harrison yard, or MMC, but if i catch a PA5 i'm going to be taking that in instead.

- A

Really?! Thats great news if I didn't have classes I might shoot up and get some photos, they were no where to be seen today when I passed the PATH facility on my NJT train to SEC, like others have said be careful with photographing PATH they are a bit nuts.

I'll use my cell phone. I'll pretend I'm looking at my texts...

Oh yeah try not to make yourselves obvious. If you stand in a certain way like you do when you are snapping pics on NYCS system you're in deep poop when they catch you. Just sit still like a normal passenger... don't get over excited.. and yah.

I'll use my cell phone. I'll pretend I'm looking at my texts...

Oh yeah try not to make yourselves obvious. If you stand in a certain way like you do when you are snapping pics on NYCS system you're in deep poop when they catch you. Just sit still like a normal passenger... don't get over excited.. and yah.

Unlike the MTA though PATH actually has a ban on photography with out a permit.

Unlike the MTA though PATH actually has a ban on photography with out a permit.

A permit and supervision.

I don't blame them. They have some *** ****** *** that you can see from the train. Oh, the **** is what they don't want photos of.

- A

Archived