East New York

Maserati7200

hey guys

i was thinking about this today. All the R160A-1's are delivered. Option I and Option II only consists of R160A-2's. Now, ENY Yard isn't fully R160A/R143 considering I still see R42's in service on the (J), (M), and (Z). The R42's cannot last much longer and when its time for those sets to go, what will replace them? The A2's cannot fit in the BMT Eastern nor can the R46-R68A. Whats gonna happen???:confused::eek:

hey guys

i was thinking about this today. All the R160A-1's are delivered. Option I and Option II only consists of R160A-2's. Now, ENY Yard isn't fully R160A/R143 considering I still see R42's in service on the (J), (M), and (Z). The R42's cannot last much longer and when its time for those sets to go, what will replace them? The A2's cannot fit in the BMT Eastern nor can the R46-R68A. Whats gonna happen???:confused::eek:

I think there's enough for the (J)(M)(Z).....plus I don't think the (M) uses the East New York Yard, but I can be wrong. I think the remaining R-42's will go to the Pitkin or Jamaica Yards. The R-160A-2 are only on the (N)(Q) and some (W)!

I think The R-160A-2 are only on the (N)(Q) and some (W)!

yeah i know that

but what im saying is... when the R42's cant survive anymore, as in out of nYCT, what is taking their place in ENY? Since thier being used, it helps service. if they weren't there that would be less convenient for serivce, wouldnt it?

yeah i know that

but what im saying is... when the R42's cant survive anymore, as in out of nYCT, what is taking their place in ENY? If thier being used then if they weren't there that would be less convenient for serivce, wouldnt it?

Since the (Z) will be eliminated in the Summer of 2009 (lawd I hope it doesn't happen) and since the (Z) only make like 5-6 runs during rush hours. It shouldn't be a problem. Maybe they will enough for the for the (J)

hey guys

What do you think is replacing the R42's in the east?the R160A-1's.today i

saw 4 R42 trainsets on the J line,ENY still has R42's cause there arn't enough

R160 for ENY to cover J/Z service.i think they have an option order going

to ENY.so when ENY gets more R160's,those remaining R42's will go to pitkin

for A and C service.

The A-2 can fit in in the east.just not in service,the east only uses 8 cars.

I think they have an option order going

to ENY.so when ENY gets more R160's,those remaining R42's will go to pitkin

for A and C service.

well, ENY wouldn't need another option order to get rid of the r42's there... maybe a little. Like maybe Option I will have some A1's and A2's like the base order has. Thats my thoery based on your info. But I haven't seen that Options I or II will have A1's. In order for the R160's to go to ENY, they must be 8 cars long (480 feet), which is the A1. And the A2 can't go to ENY b/c its 10 cars long (600 feet

The A-2 can fit in in the east.just not in service,the east only uses 8 cars.

okay... but what would the point of having it in ENY if i cant serve the lines of ENY?

I think there's enough for the (J)(M)(Z).....plus I don't think the (M) uses the East New York Yard, but I can be wrong. I think the remaining R-42's will go to the Pitkin or Jamaica Yards. The R-160A-2 are only on the (N)(Q) and some (W)!

East New York yard is the main yard for the ED,the cars that run on the

(J)(M)(Z) and (L) come out of ENY yard.the remaining R42's will go to

Pitkin.

well, ENY wouldn't need another option order to get rid of the r42's there... maybe a little. Like maybe Option I will have some A1's and A2's like the base order has. Thats my thoery based on your info. But I haven't seen that Options I or II will have A1's. In order for the R160's to go to ENY, they must be 8 cars long (480 feet), which is the A1. And the A2 can't go to ENY b/c its 10 cars long (600 feet

okay... but what would the point of having it in ENY if i cant serve the lines of ENY?

I think the TA did order an R160A-1 option contract for more cars,they want

ENY to have enough cars.

i already know that the A2 cars are 5-cars long,just saying that they can

run in the ED.

The Second Opt Order will have the 64 remaning R160a1's to replace the R42's at ENY of (J)(M) and (Z). They will be the first cars off the line. They will be numbered somewere in the 95XX series if I remember right.

AS for the (M) line, Yes there train are part of the ENY Fleet. They only layup trains at CIY. CIY done not fix them unless they are there from some major work.

As for the (Z) being cut I don't think hat going to happen, they need he split serivce on the (J) and (Z) during rush hour after East New York.

According to this http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6577 (which came straight out of the NY Division ERA Bulletin, to answer the question of where the info was gotten from) the current number of CBTC-equipped option cars for ENY has been reduced to 32. Don't know why (sure it has to to do with the financial crunch, but they might as well close out ENY now and reduce the cars for elsewhere), but the rest would be ordered later, of course, in an apparent option 3.

So for now, the new cars would total 1662. 8313+1662=9974. They should just get 24 more in 4 car sets, or 25 more in 5 car sets, to bring it up to 9998-8, and then the next order would of course start elsewhere. I was also thinking that perhaps the ENY options should have been in the 8000-8100 range, since they will be running with the 143's.

Archived