What Would Be The Weirdest Train On a Route?

Sea Beach

R62 on the (1)(2)(5)<5>(6)<6>(7)<7>

R62A on the (2)(5)<5>(6)<6>

R142 on the (1)(3)(4)(7)

R142A on the (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(7)

R62/A is same thing except company.

R142 ran on the (1) temporary for no confusion,they run on the (4).

R142A's run on the (2) from time to time,run on the (4),they run on the(5) from time to time and the (7) was for video(Taking Of Pelham123) and testing

I know this is off topic, but i heard that the R1-9 would be briught back a few years ago and put on the 7 line, because the 7 line used to be BMT. Only what i heard, its interesting because the r1-9 making a return? thats like bill russell lacing it back up and joining the big three for a season...and the fact that the 7 used to be BMT? any opinions on any of this; for I only heard it from a transit buff...

I know this is off topic, but i heard that the R1-9 would be briught back a few years ago and put on the 7 line, because the 7 line used to be BMT. Only what i heard, its interesting because the r1-9 making a return? thats like bill russell lacing it back up and joining the big three for a season...and the fact that the 7 used to be BMT? any opinions on any of this; for I only heard it from a transit buff...

R1-9? Not possible.

The (7) north of QBP used to be operated jointly by the IRT and BMT, along with the Astoria line ((N)(W)) north of QBP. Both lines used cars to IRT specs. After the (7) became solely IRT, and the Astoria solely BMT, they widened the Astoria to BMT specs, but since the (7) was still IRT, they didn't widen it. The Arnines can't fit.

Whoever told you that would happen doesn't know his subway history.

R1-9? Not possible.

The (7) north of QBP used to be operated jointly by the IRT and BMT, along with the Astoria line ((N)(W)) north of QBP. Both lines used cars to IRT specs. After the (7) became solely IRT, and the Astoria solely BMT, they widened the Astoria to BMT specs, but since the (7) was still IRT, they didn't widen it. The Arnines can't fit.

Whoever told you that would happen doesn't know his subway history.

Yeah I guess so, because the person said the signals on the 7 line were BMT fitted and that they were shortned when the 7 became only IRT, just like you said. If this was at all possible, you ever heard of the arnies being brought back? I didnt know which one was more crazier; the return of R1-9 class cars or the 7 line being BMT at one point.

Yeah I guess so, because the person said the signals on the 7 line were BMT fitted and that they were shortned when the 7 became only IRT, just like you said. If this was at all possible, you ever heard of the arnies being brought back? I didnt know which one was more crazier; the return of R1-9 class cars or the 7 line being BMT at one point.

What do you mean about them being brought back? Permanently?

Technically infeasible, the platforms must be trimmed back in order to fit those cars without damaging them. While Arnines and BMT subway stock (as opposed to BMT Q cars) could fit in the tracks, the platforms must be shaved off in order for this to happen.

That's an illegitimate reason, that the Flushing line was BMT. the Flushing line was run under the Dual Contracts by the IRT and the BMT. R1-R9s are not BMT cars, they were City cars. During the unification process and especially when the R10s arrived, Arnines began to make appearances on the BMT South lines.

Archived