MLB hotstove and off season news 2008-09

Shortline Bus

Right now, based on what the media say, i think the lineup and rottion would be:

Rotation

------------

1. Sabathia

2. Wang

3. Burnett

4. Aceves/Hughes/Pettite/Lowe/Sheets

5. Chamberlain

Lineup

--------------

1B- Nick Swisher/Jorge Posada

2B- Robinson Cano

3B- Alex Rodriguez

SS- Derek Jeter

LF- Manny Ramirez

CF- Johnny Damon

RF- Xavier Nady

DH- Hideki Matsui

Backup Outfielders-Melky Cabrera/Brett Gardner

C- Jorge Posada/Jose Molina

Backup Catcher- Francisco Cervielli

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that happens, all we would need is David Ortiz, and voila, the Yankees are the New Idiots... ;)

I dont put Manny in that bucket because I think he never really wanted to be there...he took the money and regretted it. He asked to be traded 3 times and once went on a Boston radio show saying "it was always my dream to play for the Yankees" a couple months after Aaron Boone sent the Yankees to the World Series. Manny grew up in the Bronx a Yankee fan and was a kid in the late 70's when they were good and might have even been old enough to rememeber Bucky Dent. Imagine if A-Rod (since all the fake Yankee fans hate him so much) had said he wanted to play for Boston on WFAN. thats basically what Manny did while still signed by Boston. and the fact is it was BOSTON that did all the "manny being manny" crap, thanks ESPN to you too for more mind rot garbage...but when manny was in cleveland you never heard the "bad teammate" stuff you started hearing out of Boston. and when he was a dodger he hustled and JOE TORRE who managed the yankees world series championship dynasty even said he was a joy to coach.

so i think Manny never really wanted to be in Boston and he'd really Embrace being a Yankee, and he'd REALLY like to stick it to Boston...that sounds like just the kind of player you want to add to the Yankees. and as for his so called attitude problems i think they will self correct on their own but the Yankees have stand up guys like Jeter, Rivera, Posada, A-Rod, Girardi in their clubhouse who always hustle and aren't silly/stupid. They have their fun but they don't pull stupid shenanigans like the red sox teams of the last 5 years so there will be no "manny being manny" he will just go about his business and flat out RAKE with a bat in his hands. he'll probably be kind of quiet again like he was in cleveland...you'll only hear about him on sportscenter when he does something at the plate instead of all the page six garbage going on in boston.

I dont put Manny in that bucket because I think he never really wanted to be there...he took the money and regretted it. He asked to be traded 3 times and once went on a Boston radio show saying "it was always my dream to play for the Yankees" a couple months after Aaron Boone sent the Yankees to the World Series. Manny grew up in the Bronx a Yankee fan and was a kid in the late 70's when they were good and might have even been old enough to rememeber Bucky Dent. Imagine if A-Rod (since all the fake Yankee fans hate him so much) had said he wanted to play for Boston on WFAN. thats basically what Manny did while still signed by Boston. and the fact is it was BOSTON that did all the "manny being manny" crap, thanks ESPN to you too for more mind rot garbage...but when manny was in cleveland you never heard the "bad teammate" stuff you started hearing out of Boston. and when he was a dodger he hustled and JOE TORRE who managed the yankees world series championship dynasty even said he was a joy to coach.

so i think Manny never really wanted to be in Boston and he'd really Embrace being a Yankee, and he'd REALLY like to stick it to Boston...that sounds like just the kind of player you want to add to the Yankees. and as for his so called attitude problems i think they will self correct on their own but the Yankees have stand up guys like Jeter, Rivera, Posada, A-Rod, Girardi in their clubhouse who always hustle and aren't silly/stupid. They have their fun but they don't pull stupid shenanigans like the red sox teams of the last 5 years so there will be no "manny being manny" he will just go about his business and flat out RAKE with a bat in his hands. he'll probably be kind of quiet again like he was in cleveland...you'll only hear about him on sportscenter when he does something at the plate instead of all the page six garbage going on in boston.

Whoa. Hold your horses. It was just a joke, seeing as Damon called the Red Sox "Idiots" when he was over there with Ortiz and Manny.

Whoa. Hold your horses. It was just a joke, seeing as Damon called the Red Sox "Idiots" when he was over there with Ortiz and Manny.

understood, just making the post because a lot of yankee fans are anti-Manny for no reason other than "he was on Boston" but for what I wrote above they should reconsider.

but if the Yankees get Kevin Millar, I will start throwing chairs ;)

Once again the Yankees are trying to buy another championship. Let's Go Mets. Although I am not crazy about Citi/Taxpayers Field, I hope they do well and realized that there are 9 innings, not 8. I can't tell you how many games they lost in the 9th inning. Thank goodness they got rid of Heilman. He was the cancer in that God forsaken bullpen. Hope Wagner feels better, but I think he is done. What is Pedro's Status? I am sure going to miss Shea Stadium, just like I miss the R33/R36 World's Fair cars taking me up there. Let's Go Mets!

It's not my money so I don't care. I care that the Yankees win and that they don't do anything illegal to win. Don't know what more there is to being a fan than that. I don't get why everyone all of a sudden cares about how much money teams spend. If it has to do with ticket prices, then you can choose to not go to as many games since they are all on TV anyway. But since it's not my money that is paying these guys salaries I don't care.

It's not my money so I don't care. I care that the Yankees win and that they don't do anything illegal to win. Don't know what more there is to being a fan than that. I don't get why everyone all of a sudden cares about how much money teams spend. If it has to do with ticket prices, then you can choose to not go to as many games since they are all on TV anyway. But since it's not my money that is paying these guys salaries I don't care.

That's the best thing I heard about baseball in this thread....

Actually incorrect. If you buy tickets to Mets/Yanks orany MLB game, buy mLB mercahdise or buy products ie Pepsi, etc with deals w/ MLB it is your money directly. Hell about 20-25% of the esimated $ 1 Billion to bulid both NYC stadiums came from taxpayer monies too.

It just makes me sick to see the Yankees make the same mistakes every year. Sabathia is a playoff choke artist. His weight is a liability.

Lets see how CC does before we 'fire' Cashman. Did not the Yanks also have another 'overweight pitcher' who has some of the best post season stats in MLB history named David Wells? When Sabathia was with the Brewers and Inidians the prior 2 years in playoffs, those teams had no other good starters. CC now at least has Wang and Burnett to back him up so it's less pressure.

Actually incorrect. If you buy tickets to Mets/Yanks orany MLB game, buy mLB mercahdise or buy products ie Pepsi, etc with deals w/ MLB it is your money directly. Hell about 20-25% of the esimated $ 1 Billion to bulid both NYC stadiums came from taxpayer monies too.

The sponsor deals with teams do not depend on what I spend. They are worked out between the sponsor and the team. If I don't buy a can of Pepsi, that hurts Pepsi only, because the team still receives the sponsorship money from Pepsi whether I buy Pepsi's product or not.

As for the taxpayer money, that pays for the stadiums only. It has nothing to do with player salaries.

If I buy tickets to a Yankees game I'm paying for the experience of sitting in the stands. I am not required to, after getting my seats, walk over and hand any of the players any money. I get something of value out of it (experience of attending a game) so as far as Im concerned it's a fair trade. If I think the prices are too high (making it an unfair trade), I can choose to not go to that game (why I don't go to Yankees/Red Sox games). Likewise if I don't like the direction the team is headed I can choose to not go to games that year or buy merchandise if I'd like. It's a choice, either way. Too many people complain about the salaries and free agency and yadda yadda when it's as simple as if they don't like it as them just saying "to hell with baseball" and finding something else to follow.

For me, since I don't care, I continue to follow baseball and the Yankees. That's all...

The sponsor deals with teams do not depend on what I spend. They are worked out between the sponsor and the team. If I don't buy a can of Pepsi, that hurts Pepsi only, because the team still receives the sponsorship money from Pepsi whether I buy Pepsi's product or not.

As for the taxpayer money, that pays for the stadiums only. It has nothing to do with player salaries.

If I buy tickets to a Yankees game I'm paying for the experience of sitting in the stands. I am not required to, after getting my seats, walk over and hand any of the players any money. I get something of value out of it (experience of attending a game) so as far as Im concerned it's a fair trade. If I think the prices are too high (making it an unfair trade), I can choose to not go to that game (why I don't go to Yankees/Red Sox games). Likewise if I don't like the direction the team is headed I can choose to not go to games that year or buy merchandise if I'd like. It's a choice, either way. Too many people complain about the salaries and free agency and yadda yadda when it's as simple as if they don't like it as them just saying "to hell with baseball" and finding something else to follow.

For me, since I don't care, I continue to follow baseball and the Yankees. That's all...

Your right it doesn't have to do with salaries.

1. The Yankees grow up legends like Derek Jeter/Jorge Posada...

2. They draw crowds and revenue.

3. Their money come sfrom concessions, tickets, advertising, etc.

4. Then they go win another playoff spot

5. And when the off season comes, when ever Yankees make a big move like signing (CC, AJ), people complaint hat the money comes out of the taxpayers, but it doesn't. Only the stadium gets funded with that.

6. The same process goes over again.

BREAKING NEWS: Mark Texiera is now a Yankee! 8 yr-180 mil deal.

That money should have been used for Manny. Wow it looks like the Yanks is only major company or orgnaztion in America that not broke. I bet the Bombers have more $$$ right now than GM, Ford and Chysler combined lol.

Gettiing back to issue. Texiera is a very good player but IMO he was way overpaid. He reminds me alot of Carlos Beltran an all star player but when it came to free agent time, was paid A-Rod/Manny type superstar salaries.

He be ok but Texiera will be under as much or even more pressure than CC and not sure he a NY player mentally.

That money should have been used for Manny. Wow it looks like the Yanks is only major company or orgnaztion in America that not broke. I bet the Bombers have more $$$ right now than GM, Ford and Chysler combined lol.

Gettiing back to issue. Texiera is a very good player but IMO he was way overpaid. He reminds me alot of Carlos Beltran an all star player but when it came to free agent time, was paid A-Rod/Manny type superstar salaries.

He be ok but Texiera will be under as much or even more pressure than CC and not sure he a NY player mentally.

Well people are afraid Manny will be Manny in the clubhouse but not Manny being Manny at the bat/field. He could loose some talent and be a waste of money. Texiera is a young-talented player so....

Okay, If the Yankees sign Manny Ramirez, I am gonna be mad. I don't want the Yankees to be spoiled. If they get Derke Lowe, Manny Ramirez, Oliver Perez, etc., I am not gonna be happy. Bring minors up to the majors.

LINEUP:

1B- Mark Texiera

2B- Robinson Cano

3B- Alex Rodriguez

SS- Derek Jeter

LF- Johnny Damon/Nick Swisher

CF- Brett Gardner/Melky Cabrera

RF- Xavier Nady/Nick Swisher

DH- Jorge Posada/Hideki Matsui

C- Jorge Posada/Jose Molina

ROTATION:

1. C.C. Sabathia

2. Wang

3. A.J. Burnett

4. Joba Chamberlain

5. Alfredo Aceves/Phillp Hughes

I'm a Yankees fan but this is sick. They're buying up all of the free agents. I don't like what this is doing to baseball. Plus, we don't need these long term contracts. We keep making the same <expletive>ing mistakes.

LOL and yankess fans are paying for all of this....Also I don't think it's right you have to pay more to see a yankess game next season,especially during this hard times...they should lower the ticket prices in a way saying thanks for sticking with us through the hard time....but they wont,because they don't care about the fans...they take your money and run with it,then they throw their weight around to get Baseball players and we saw what happen when they do it....like Roger Clement,lol...

LOL and yankess fans are paying for all of this....Also I don't think it's right you have to pay more to see a yankess game next season,especially during this hard times...they should lower the ticket prices in a way saying thanks for sticking with us through the hard time....but they wont,because they don't care about the fans...they take your money and run with it,then they throw their weight around to get Baseball players and we saw what happen when they do it....like Roger Clement,lol...

actually there are still going to be a lot of lower cost seats available in the new stadium (half the seats in the stadium are going to be under $45). it's the suits and the corporate weenies in the box seats who leave in the fifth inning who are going to have to pay more B)

Guest Charles

The Yankees have spent over 420 million dollars among CC Sabathia, AJ Burnett, and MC (lol, standing for Mark Charles) Sabathia.

Guess what. The rest of MLB has only spent about 230 million dollars on free agents this offseason.

Wonderful news as to where money is going these days. Just in time for Christmas.

Ya know what, I really hate the double standards everyone puts on the Yankees. Some smaller team (no offense) gets a big name contract, everyone is amazed. The Yankees get a big name contract, they spend too much. Not that I'm saying that this extravagant spending is justified at all, but just saying.

Archived