What will you miss most about the (9), (W) and (Z) trains?

KeystoneRegional

uhhhhh no need to worry, the (9) is at train heaven

Im not a (W) and (Z) rider at all, but will miss the (W) for the R40S

but dude, dont THINK negative, im a very positive guy! And I bet that the (W) and (Z) will ive

for the (9) Skip Stop, hopefully it does return

How about the MTA cuts the <4> 138th skip stop, its sooooooooooooo pointless, i mean just 1 stop to skip???? wtf lol, thats not an express, thats a skip stop XD, unless there was a (4) jerome local and <4> Jerome express, then im fine!

I'll miss the (W) and (Z). The (W) b/c it ran local that give the (N) some express service via Broadway and the (Z) b/c its skip-stops I'll get to Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer faster than the (J) making all stops after Myrtle Avenue-Broadway!

*Side note* The <4> isn't pointless and so what is skips one stop, it skips that station so it doesn't back up behind the (5) trains during rush hours only

(Z)(9) only cuz of skip-stop service, although i mostly used the (J)(1), im gonna miss the (W) because i used to ride that train alot when it used to run over the (D) west end line and it used R68A cars. plus i went to New Utrecht High School for night school and the main train i would use was the (W) to get there before the (D).

im gonna miss the (W) more.

I'll miss the (W) and (Z). The (W) b/c it ran local that give the (N) some express service via Broadway and the (Z) b/c its skip-stops I'll get to Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer faster than the (J) making all stops after Myrtle Avenue-Broadway!

*Side note* The <4> isn't pointless and so what is skips one stop, it skips that station so it doesn't back up behind the (5) trains during rush hours only

I still say thats too much money, unless the (MTA) could create a Jerome Lcl/Exp, but i dunno

I still think there an outside shot that the "W" line will be saved.

Mainly because Astoria has some of the strongest and most politically active public officals (ie NYC Council, State legisture etc)in the 5 boroughs.

However if the "W" survives the doomesday budget i think the recent added hours weeknights till appx. 11pm is gone though, no matter what happens.

The "Z" on the other hand is on 'life support' imo. Assuming the "Z" is canned i just think as a 'compromise' peak hour express service on the "J" btween Marcy and Mytle-Bway will continue.

1) Imma miss the (Z) because it gave an alternative for the (J). Also, when the (Z) was using the R42, it was funny to watch the people on the platform when it wasn't going to stop there.

2) Imma miss the (W) because it was like having the (N) and (R) combined. Also at night when the last few trains ran through the tunnel and via Sea Beach Local to 86th Street.

I miss the (9) a lot since I like the awesome skip-stop with the (1), and the (MTA) cutted it when I am in China, didn't get to ride it...

I will miss the (Z) a lot since I like the scenic skip-stop with the (J).

The (W) I will miss the most since the (W) is a (W)onderful service and the (W) takes me all the time when a (R) haven't come and when the (W)onderful Train served Brooklyn. As well as the first time I became an (MTA) fan I specifically rode the (W) to Brooklyn. I'll miss you (W), :)...

Talking about (W) in Brooklyn, I remembered that awesome view of the downtown skyline from the Manhattan Br, riding on the (W). IIRC, this was in Sept 2002.

Think of the<4> as relieving congestion on three lines, the (4), (5), and (2) at what's called a "choke point" where lines intersect. It's done every weekday at DeKalb Avenue on the BMT during the rush hours for the same reason.It's not pointless.

Archived