What will you miss most about the (9), (W) and (Z) trains?

KeystoneRegional

If the (Z) goes out, then there's the (J). In my opinion I don't find the (Z) useful, except skip a few stations, but it only cuts about 4-5 minutes average off the trip.

I don't think the (W) on the chopping block is justified at all.

Hopefully the (;)(V) aren't next on the chopping block since those routes run Monday-Friday only.

If the (Z) goes out, then there's the (J). In my opinion I don't find the (Z) useful, except skip a few stations, but it only cuts about 4-5 minutes average off the trip.

I don't think the (W) on the chopping block is justified at all.

Hopefully the (:)(V) aren't next on the chopping block since those routes run Monday-Friday only.

I agree here... for most of the day, the (J) is the only service between those stations and Manhattan. Skip stop service really affects train schedules, really I think removing the skip stop service will actually improve (J) service. That's my opinion.

Well, the (W) is ore useful than the (Z). Like the (V) and (B)...

If they even want to cut the (:), I would say another big hell no!!!

(B) riders are going to have a hard time going to Manhattan, that's for sure, walking through corridors at Atlantic-Pacific to and from (D) and (Q) and also at 34 Street Herald Square. People won't like having to climb extra flights of stairs just to get to their destinations along the (B). Of course they'd have to transfer from (Q) to (C) by either the (S) at Prospect Park-Franklin Avenue,

or that corridor at 42nd Street to reach Central Park West stations, not served by the (D).

A (B) in the chopping block is no good for me either.

I'll miss the (W) and (Z). The (W) b/c it ran local that give the (N) some express service via Broadway and the (Z) b/c its skip-stops I'll get to Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer faster than the (J) making all stops after Myrtle Avenue-Broadway!

*Side note* The <4> isn't pointless and so what is skips one stop, it skips that station so it doesn't back up behind the (5) trains during rush hours only

Thwy could make a actual <4> cuz after 149-Concourse, the next express stop is Burnside Av. after that, the next express stop is Woodlawn-Jerome Av.

Thwy could make a actual <4> cuz after 149-Concourse, the next express stop is Burnside Av. after that, the next express stop is Woodlawn-Jerome Av.

Trust and believe I would love to see that, but of course its nothing going to happen. We had a dicussion about this in another thread. The <4> can go from 125th Street to 149th Street-Grand Concourse and from 149th Street-Grand Concourse to Burnside Avenue and then all stops to Woodlawn-Jerome Avenue, but we'll if that can happen in the future!

Archived