Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brighton Local

LIRR Woodside

Passengers on the LIRR are a lot more suspicious of photography than in the Subway. I had people looking at me as if I was crazy, planning some sort of attack; One guy even walked away from me, which then i passed him 10 minutes later, only to see from the corner of my eye, him staring me down. Hence, on the same token, hearing the BLAST! :P of a RailRoad horn, and watching these monsters fly through Woodside was pretty cool.

These are just a handful of today's LIRR excursion:

DSCN6756.jpg

DSCN6760.jpg

DSCN6765.jpg

DSCN6769.jpg

DSCN6771.jpg

DSCN6775.jpg

DSCN6782.jpg

DSCN6784.jpg

DSCN6785.jpg

DSCN6788.jpg

DSCN6791.jpg

DSCN6792.jpg

DSCN6793.jpg

DSCN6795.jpg

DSCN6816.jpg

DSCN6821.jpg

DSCN6825.jpg

Zach

thanks.. ya, they probably extended the platforms in the past 3 or 4 years.(perhaps earlier) its been that long since Ive touched based with the LIRR over in Woodside

Woodside looks a good hotspot for some LIRR action. I got pay a visit there one day.

I remember back around '84 or '85 when the West End (:) was under renovations and they extended the platforms out to the center express track for service. And this was all along the elevated New Utrecht Avenue part. I was fascinated by it and that's why I remember it.

Thank you Pablo...

Harry , Ive seen pictures of the West End renovations.. looked really cool..

The Brighton had that done back in like 1994-1995, I believe..

thanks everyone.

Eastman, I purposly went looking for the Bi-level Trains. Only about 4 past within an hour that I was there; theyre fasttttttt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.