Conductor exam was easy

sealteam1962

i took this exam and i think it was so easy that everyone must got 100 i wonder why they made it so simple how are they gping to make up the list numbers someone said the only way is a lottery a ramdom drawn list number from a computer i hope this does not happen:eek:

The list numbers are made up in order of score. To separate identical scores the tie breaker is when you filed. For example if you get a 98 and filed on the last day there will be many many people who scored 98 in front of you on the list because they filed earlier than the last day.

The test is easy or else certain groups cry that it is biased and to difficult. Remember a few years ago the NYFD had to "dumb down" there test because certain people sued saying it was to difficult for the education that they received growing up.

Plus you must remember that alot of people will use there veterans credit on this test so they start off with a score of 105 and work backwards while everyone else starts off with a 100. There are a TREMENDOUS amount of TA workers with military time that is how most got the jobs in the first place.

the c/r was easy, i brought my cal, but i didnt need it, I love math! =]~~

i was on the conor, in the back, and it was fun!!

Its like an activity book, but trains :D

every1 else, was frustrated, XD~~

damn, i wish i kept the question book :D

btw does any1 knows when they will release the ans, and how will they tell us we passed or sumin?

To separate identical scores the tie breaker is when you filed. For example if you get a 98 and filed on the last day there will be many many people who scored 98 in front of you on the list because they filed earlier than the last day.

Interesting. I've always been under the impression that they separated identical scores by your SS number.

...and how will they tell us we passed or sumin?

You'll get a card similar to the one for admission. It will tell you your score and your list number.

Interesting. I've always been under the impression that they separated identical scores by your SS number.

That would be discrimination if you have a high SS number because it would cost you thousands of places on EVERY test you took.

The way they do it is pretty fair. You get rewarded for filing early. That's why I always stress to file on the first day during the first hour. That's what I always did, and still do for promotional tests.

I think the answers will be posted online the fifth Monday after the test.. from what I remember the guy screaming at us from the Grace Dodge gym.

So looking at my calendar, that will be... January 5th.

Then you can compare your answers to that white answer page if you saved it.

If not, it'll probably take a lot longer to get an "official" score.

(A)(C)(JFK)Will it be possible for those of us who passed the conductor exam on 12-6-08 to take the Pro. Train operator exam, or will we have to wait for the open com??????

Just because you passed the test doesn't mean that you're a MTA employee. You most likely wouldn't be able to pass the promotional T/O test yet anyway. You have to know the job for that test. But the open competetive test is just common sense a junior highschool education should be enough to get a 80 or better on that test.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived