The (A) and (C)

NYtransit

well as you now the (A) is the longest line in NYC subway system,its service in far rockaway is bad,because the train has 3 terminals (2 all time, and 3 on PM rush hour) , and when the train terminates at lefferts blvd. service is decreased ,then it get splits again,making the A train @ FA,mott avenue impossible to find during PM rush hour,so this would be smart.

extend the (C) toward lefferts,and make the (A) make only 2 terminal stops,and make the PM rush hour one,only during the weekends instaed PM rush hour.so then serviece would be fine,and i now the MTA is in debt,but just let us now what you thing of this idea

I disagree with that idea. How about this...

(A)To Lefferts Blvd or Far Rockaway, all times. Express in Brooklyn and Manhattan all times (to Lefferts) and Local late night (to Far Rockaway)

©To Rockaway Park, all times except late nights. (S) runs between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park at those times.

I think it would be a good idea because you can make the (C) run 10-car sets, and the frequency of trains would relieve crowding on the 8th Ave/Fulton corridor. Plus you would have local and express service serve JFK airport.

*This is just my idea but ill doubt the (MTA) would use it. lol

]I say (C) to Lefferts[/b] All Times' date='(A) To Far Rock-Mott All Times,Rename the Broad-Beach 116 (S) back to (H) since it would no longer be a shuttle. Now you would have the (A) only going to 1 terminal.[/quote']

No.....just no......Passengers wont like that at all, even if they have to transfer.......just no......

I say (C) to Lefferts All Times,(A) To Far Rock-Mott All Times,Rename the Broad-Beach 116 (S) back to (H) since it would no longer be a shuttle. Now you would have the (A) only going to 1 terminal.

Why would you cut off (A) express service from Lefferts for a local (C)? it would be more practical to put the (C) to Rock Park that way customers have a constant local/express service. And as far as the (H), that would be unecessary...

Why would you cut off (A) express service from Lefferts for a local (C)? it would be more practical to put the (C) to Rock Park that way customers have a constant local/express service. And as far as the (H), that would be unecessary...

The (C) used to go to Rockaway Park. That service was discontinued, most likely for a reason.

The (A) Express ends at Grant,then it goes local from 80th to Lefferts,so it would make sense for that Local (C) to got to Lefferts,and the (H) that would be nescessary,cause if this happened,it wouldnt be a shuttle anymore.

Well yeah, I won't want to ride the (A) to Ozone when I am going to JFK.

So this is the better alignment:

(C) to Ozone Park - Lefferts All Times,

(A) to Far Rockaway - Mott All Times,

-and-

(H) to Rockaway Park All Times...

The (A) is a lot like the Mass. Transportation's 'T' Green Line, which I feel both is so darn confusing...

And for passengers, don't worry. Stop at the last transfer station between the (A) and (C) and you are good! B)!

Good idea, however, where would the (H) train originate, does it come from Euclid Avenue?

Alright I'll say this politely but heres a big hell no for the (C) to Lefferts all times. Thats probably the worst thing to do. I would just keep the current configuration (add 2 more cars to each train). If theres any extending they should just extend the cars and/or as stated before extend to Rock Park. I think that may be the best idea.

If you don't want, I can't do anything about it... I feel the current config it just too confusing! (A) to three different destiantions? Forget about it!

Thats why I'm suggesting extending the (C) to Rockaway Park. The (A) will then only have 2 terminals (Lefferts and Far Rockaway).

Well yeah, I won't want to ride the (A) to Ozone when I am going to JFK.

So this is the better alignment:

(C) to Ozone Park - Lefferts All Times,

(A) to Far Rockaway - Mott All Times,

-and-

(H) to Rockaway Park All Times...

The (A) is a lot like the Mass. Transportation's 'T' Green Line, which I feel both is so darn confusing...

And for passengers, don't worry. Stop at the last transfer station between the (A) and (C) and you are good! B)!

lol,that was my idea,i already posted it,and i dought the (S) will change back to the (H),unless they extend it a bit

I disagree with that idea. How about this...

(A)To Lefferts Blvd or Far Rockaway, all times. Express in Brooklyn and Manhattan all times (to Lefferts) and Local late night (to Far Rockaway)

©To Rockaway Park, all times except late nights. (S) runs between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park at those times.

I think it would be a good idea because you can make the (C) run 10-car sets, and the frequency of trains would relieve crowding on the 8th Ave/Fulton corridor. Plus you would have local and express service serve JFK airport.

*This is just my idea but ill doubt the (MTA) would use it. lol

The MTA will never use it. The (C) from 168 St-Rockway Park would be as bad as the current ®being a very long route between Bay Ridge and Queens via Manhattan. Riders along Fulton St would be very angry and will make the (C) much worse with reliable headways.

Here my idea for the Fulton/Rockaways subway coordior.

The (A)runs as usual between 207th St and Far Rockway at all times via 8th Ave/Fulton Express. Late Nights 1-5am all stops in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

Rush Hours some <A>start/end trips at Euclid Ave.

©runs Monday-Friday between 207th and Lefferts. Weekdays via 8th Ave Express and Fulton Local. Rush Hours some ©start/end at Euclid.

Weekends and late nights ©via Local between 168th and Lefferts via Localin Manhattan and Brooklyn. All stops between 168th and 145th.

Riders at 50th St-8th Ave weekdays going uptown take the "E" one stop to 7th Ave-53rd St and transfer to the "B". Ditto going downtown for the ©at 42nd St-PA Bus station(Times Sq West)

Advantages of a ©8th Ave express-Fulton Local.

1)Fulton Local stations have 1-seat ride to 8th Ave express stops weekdays.

2)Prevents the NIMBYs in Ozone Park from complaining about losing Manhattan express service.

3)Elimantes the congestion for the (C) switching from Fulton Line-8th Ave Local tracks at Canal St.

Late Nights each branch of the Lefferts/Far Rock line has trains every 30 minutes or every 15 minutes overnights between Rockaway Blvd and 207th St.

(H)runs between 168th St and Rockaway Park rush hours only. Operates via 8th Ave Local and Fulton Express on current 20 minute intervales.

(H)Shuttle between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park Daily 5am-1am. Overnights a shuttle bus and Q53 service replaces this line.

What you guys think?

Here my idea for the Fulton/Rockaways subway coordior.

The (A)runs as usual between 207th St and Far Rockway at all times via 8th Ave/Fulton Express. Late Nights 1-5am all stops in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

Rush Hours some <A>start/end trips at Euclid Ave.

©runs Monday-Friday between 207th and Lefferts. Weekdays via 8th Ave Express and Fulton Local. Rush Hours some ©start/end at Euclid.

Weekends and late nights ©via Local between 168th and Lefferts via Localin Manhattan and Brooklyn. All stops between 168th and 145th.

Riders at 50th St-8th Ave weekdays going uptown take the "E" one stop to 7th Ave-53rd St and transfer to the "B". Ditto going downtown for the ©at 42nd St-PA Bus station(Times Sq West)

Advantages of a ©8th Ave express-Fulton Local.

1)Fulton Local stations have 1-seat ride to 8th Ave express stops weekdays.

2)Prevents the NIMBYs in Ozone Park from complaining about losing Manhattan express service.

3)Elimantes the congestion for the (C) switching from Fulton Line-8th Ave Local tracks at Canal St.

Late Nights each branch of the Lefferts/Far Rock line has trains every 30 minutes or every 15 minutes overnights between Rockaway Blvd and 207th St.

(H)runs between 168th St and Rockaway Park rush hours only. Operates via 8th Ave Local and Fulton Express on current 20 minute intervales.

(H)Shuttle between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park Daily 5am-1am. Overnights a shuttle bus and Q53 service replaces this line.

What you guys think?

Glad you brought back the (H) train.

Instead of terminating the C at 207th Street full times, I would propose that it should run to Bedford Park Boulevard during rush hours (replacing B service then), to 207th Street (during other hours)

This is the way it really should be:

(A)(C)(S):

(A) between Inwood-207 St, Manhattan and Far Rockaway-Mott Av, Queens via Fulton St-8 Av Express. (Nights via Fulton St-8 Av Local)

(C) between Washington Heights-168 St, Manhattan and Lefferts Blvd, Queens via Fulton St-8 Av Local. Late Nights between East NY-Euclid Av, Brooklyn and Lefferts Blvd, Queens.

(A)(C) service via Central Park West remains unchanged.

(S) Rockaway Park Shuttle remains unchanged.

This is the way it really should be:

(A)(C)(S):

(A) between Inwood-207 St, Manhattan and Far Rockaway-Mott Av, Queens via Fulton St-8 Av Express. (Nights via Fulton St-8 Av Local)

(C) between Washington Heights-168 St, Manhattan and Lefferts Blvd, Queens via Fulton St-8 Av Local. Late Nights between East NY-Euclid Av, Brooklyn and Lefferts Blvd, Queens.

(A)(C) service via Central Park West remains unchanged.

(S) Rockaway Park Shuttle remains unchanged.

I agree w/ that idea 100%. Only problem is

1)The NIMBYS in Ozone Park area going nuts about 'losing 1-seat' express train to/from Manhattan along Lefferts stations.

2)Rockaway Park station riders losing rush hour 1-seat ride to Manhattan.

Archived