New South Ferry subway station to open in January

Trainspotter

doubt I will make the opening.. but will the area be well lit now? I've walked in and around the S.I.F building and around near the water and a few people walking around that area creep me out a few times.

and does this station stay open 24/7? one night I went to enter and I noticed all the turnstiles said No entry.. but I saw that as soon as I opened the door and the MTA workers talking at the booth all turned to look at me and that's when I just left.

Building a bus loop would not call for an automatic drop in the number of vehicles around Manhattan.

It will do nothing to improve service on the M1 and M6 bus lines, there will be congestion no matter what.

Update on South Ferry (I checked Monday from the Ferry Building):

-The worksite is divided into two sections: an east section and a west section. A pedestrian path marks the dividing line.

-In the east section, the canopy station entrance's glass is fully installed. There are still no signage. The same goes for the lift, there are no signs indicating: South Ferry-Whitehall Street Station (1)(R)(W)

-The entire east section, the area around the canopy station entrance is fully paved with asphalt.

-Work continues on the west section. There is a grating freshly built. I believe there is a station entrance, if it is, there are no frills. It's not as grand compare to the one in the east section. The superstructure of some building is being erected. This is probably bus loop related work. A lot is being done on the west section.

-Meanwhile, work is wrapping up on the station entrance over at Battery Park. There is an escalator and stairs there.

Archived