Should there be a bus line from Downtown to Flushing?

MTR Admiralty

Should there be a bus line from Downtown to Flushing?  

1. 1. Should there be a bus line from Downtown to Flushing?

Should there be a bus line from Downtown to Flushing-Main Street?

In my opinion, the MTA should establish an express bus service from City Hall to Flushing-Main Street. There could be a stop in the Chinatown area (possibly around Canal Street and Bowery), a stop in Midtown (Grand Central Terminal) and Jackson Heights.

Guest Charles
Should there be a bus line from Downtown to Flushing-Main Street?

In my opinion, the MTA should establish an express bus service from City Hall to Flushing-Main Street. There could be a stop in the Chinatown area (possibly around Canal Street and Bowery), a stop in Midtown (Grand Central Terminal) and Jackson Heights.

lol, I think there is already, and they're even cheaper than the (MTA)!

I'm talking about those $1 shuttle buses that go from Downtown to Flushing and back...the drivers are crazy and run over everyone else...

lol, I think there is already, and they're even cheaper than the (MTA)!

I'm talking about those $1 shuttle buses that go from Downtown to Flushing and back...the drivers are crazy and run over everyone else...

Yeah, those drivers really need to learn how to drive. I think the MTA should compete with them. Since potential riders will be using metrocard, that gives them an opportunity to transfer to subways or other buses. The kamikaze buses don't.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (PSP (PlayStation Portable); 2.00))

LoL those drivers are nuts

LOL! They certainly are!

Yes, but those Chinese private busses will have a competition but still round trip has the same price as one-way (MTA) Bus... So, there will be slightly less passengers, especially people who are not asian, on those private busses but still the (MTA) Bus won't get enough passengers...

Well it doesn't matter much on demographics. My plan is to run a line from City Hall to Flushing thru Chinatown, Midtown, Jackson Hts. Midtowners could benefit especially if the (7) gets knocked OOS. The race card doesn't need to be played here.

Guest Charles

I've ridden some where the drivers have been extremely erratic to extremely docile.

And I totally agree, the bathrooms are, well...smell like @#*%^#@(*^!&*$

I got on a Chinatown bus today. Although the bathroom was less than sanitary the actual ride was the same as a Greyhound ride. The driver never drove erratically.

Those small Ford Minibuses or the coaches?

The coaches go to DC, Philly, Baltimore and a whole bunch of other places. I don't think minibuses have toilets.

I got on a Van Hool. The operator was Apex.

That's probably not it then. We're talking about those minibuses that run from Flushing to Chinatown. I rode on one once, and it wasn't bad. But it would be smart for the (MTA) to compete with them, and service other areas too. In short, I agree completely with MTR's plan.

I got on a Van Hool. The operator was Apex.

Going to DC? Lol. Those buses are different. Those operators are more well-behaved than the shuttle drivers. Coaches go long-distance.

That's probably not it then. We're talking about those minibuses that run from Flushing to Chinatown. I rode on one once, and it wasn't bad. But it would be smart for the (MTA) to compete with them, and service other areas too. In short, I agree completely with MTR's plan.

Yeah, if they ever do that, they should run to College Point and Bayside.

Well, that would have benefit of the (7) and (F) but it won't have any big impact on the Chinese Busses. Those busses specifically connect Flushing, Elmhurst and Chinatown... All chinese communities so having a (MTA) Bus go like that, not quiet useful...

But, I would really like it since those Employees on the Chinese Busses are just too noisy and talkative! :)!

Yeah, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, QC as well.

You see, the MTA should not play the race card here. The Chinese buses cater to mostly the Chinese community. But if the MTA decides to put a similar route but yet serves more communities, it could really benefit the MTA and the communities.

I believe Midtown should be served by a different route.

Possible stops on the City Hall-Flushing route:

-City Hall

(Frankfort Street, St James Pl. Bowery)

-Chinatown

(Bowery, 3rd Avenue)

-14th Street

(3rd Avenue/Lexington Avenue)

-34th Street

(via QMT, LIE, 48th Street, Roosevelt Ave)

-Jackson Heights

(Broadway)

-Elmhurst

(Broadway)

-Queens Centre Mall

(LIE, Main Street, Kissena Blvd)

Main Street

Midtown Route:

-Penn Station

-Times Square

-Grand Central

-Jackson Heights

-Elmhurst

-Queens Centre

-Main Street

Yeah, those drivers are so noisy.

ew the minibuses are disgusting

i voted yes

BUT

the MTA should not compete with these private lines, i think the MTA instead should take over these private lines and turn them into bus routes with a $2 fare

and while their at it put some nice orion 5's on it too

ew the minibuses are disgusting

i voted yes

BUT

the MTA should not compete with these private lines, i think the MTA instead should take over these private lines and turn them into bus routes with a $2 fare

and while their at it put some nice orion 5's on it too

Take over will not happen, but competition could be feasible.

The (MTA) taking over won't happen since some of those Private Bus lines are very profitable and has relations with other businesses, especially supermarkets in Flushing, Elmhurst and Chinatown.

The (MTA) taking over and putting $2.00 won't be good to the Chinese and to the Residents around since I rode it once to go to a tour bus to Tennesee and it is pretty decent ride but still a lot of garbage around...

While the system has many connections to shops and restaurants and associations in the Chinese areas, the minibus system is really a patchwork of different competing companies. There is not a unified system.

The MTA can't even handle its current system. The MTA shouldn't absorb anymore lines.

Agreed.

Archived