When is the SFT going to open?

MTR Admiralty

When will the South Ferry Terminal open? (Your opinion)  

1. 1. When will the South Ferry Terminal open? (Your opinion)

• 19 December 2008
    • 21 December 2008
    • Sometime in January 2009
    • Sometime in 2009, just don't know when

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I swung by there (in the freezing wind), and it doesn't even look anywhere near ready.

What are they doing as far as the new pick? (with jobs starting out of there, even!) Running a supplement for a month or more? It seems like thsy should have just made it next pick!

I'm on vacation now and I'm wondering what happens to those jobs too. The work program says those jobs START at South Ferry Terminal. Maybe they'll switch crews at the loop station. If they have to report to Van Cortlandt that's about an hour away IIRC. When I went in to pick I specifically asked about the (1) jobs that started there because the (MTA) web page only mentioned early 2009 for completion. The pick guys and I figured that meant cosmetic touch-up and that the station would open 12/21/08. To those that were misled by my posts I offer my apology. Pehaps Capital Construction Co., a part of the (MTA) can give all of us a real date. I know that (1) line T/O s have been taking trains into the new station for the last few weeks and all A Division can post there now. The training goes on 24 hours a day on the weekends according to the crew dispatchers office. Again, my apology.

I believe now they are finishing the canopy structure and should begin repaving the plaza outside. I will try to go down there tomorrow to report on their progress. They will start on a bus loop anytime, if not now. This bus loop will allow for better connections between subway and bus. The M15 and M1 as with other South Ferry buses, will terminate in the loop.

Oh, thanks for clearing it up! Guess lower manhattan is developing, :)!

Yes, faster than you can blink.

I will check out the digs at Cortlandt St BMT.. they have the station entrances on the East Side of Church Street but they are still barricaded and no structure is built in conjunction. It is just some stairs.

I mean, is there by any chance if people can see the New South Ferry Station @ Whitehall, Bowling Green and/or Old South Ferry Station?

Only Whitehall, however the last time I went there was a week ago, I have to go back to make sure.

You can't see the new South Ferry station from Whitehall Street nor Bowling Green.....those are seperate stations

You could see the mezzanine from the Whitehall Street mezzanine, go to the south end of the station and continue up to fare control. On your right, you will see the phones. Go over and look past the phones. You will in fact see the station.

I know, but like any small hole that I can even peek through?

Yes, look past the phones both before and after fare control. You will see the station. Unless, they took down the phones as well.

Archived