it actually goes like this...

JAMAICA CTR

PARSONS/ARCHER

8 AV LCL

QUEENS BL LCL

or...

WORLD TRADE CTR

8 AV LCL

When it says Jamaica Ctr it doesn't have the 8 Av Lcl part in it....I seen it last week when I was on a R-32 @ Jamaica Center and I saw the exterior signs on that train

LOL.....no they don't. The R-32's on the (E) are holding it down just fine

To most riders, the 32 downgrades the E line and makes it feel third-class. The E is a high-volume line and that's the justification of saying it "deserves" better trains. The R32 is simply outmoded in a way that the R46 is not. The R46 is still reasonably quiet and pleasant to ride in. Also, I think that during non-peak hours, the 75 footers are nicer. More seats. Some Q riders state they prefer the R68s over the R160s because they don't get seats on the R160s with the train carrying the same amount of passengers.

To most riders, the 32 downgrades the E line and makes it feel third-class. The E is a high-volume line and that's the justification of saying it "deserves" better trains. The R32 is simply outmoded in a way that the R46 is not. The R46 is still reasonably quiet and pleasant to ride in. Also, I think that during non-peak hours, the 75 footers are nicer. More seats. Some Q riders state they prefer the R68s over the R160s because they don't get seats on the R160s with the train carrying the same amount of passengers.

Like I said b4 the R-32 are doing fine. The R-32 have been fixed the brakes and it haven't loud like they used to. 2nd of all holding number of passengers b/c of a train model is crap. Just b/c you don't get a seat on a R-160B doesn't justify the R-68A's are better or you'll get a seat on them. A seat is a seat and train models have nothing to do with it. So in that case I shouldn't ride a R-142A (6)<6> train then b/c I don't get a seat....so they should bring back the R-62's then!!!! I'm not hating your statement, customers complain about sillyness instead of the train service as in its late, delays and what not!

I agree with your statement about the R68A compared to the R160 seating. I seen quite a few people that are not the biggest fan of the 160's(No, they were not railfans and they weren't dudes they were females) because of the seating arragement. I think 75 FT cars are the nicest subway cars period!! The R32-R42 are a bit loud and the new techs to much stuff to name. 75 FT cars ride really smooth the lighting is perfect (As well as the seating arragement) Good heat and A/C and are quiet on the inside (Namly the R44's).

Like I said b4 the R-32 are doing fine. The R-32 have been fixed the brakes and it haven't loud like they used to. 2nd of all holding number of passengers b/c of a train model is crap. Just b/c you don't get a seat on a R-160B doesn't justify the R-68A's are better or you'll get a seat on them. A seat is a seat and train models have nothing to do with it. So in that case I shouldn't ride a R-142A (6)<6> train then b/c I don't get a seat....so they should bring back the R-62's then!!!! I'm not hating your statement, customers complain about sillyness instead of the train service as in its late, delays and what not!
The MTA didn't do anything specal to fix the R32's brakes. The 32's with the bad brakes are all retired and are currently getting reefed. The ones that are on the (E), (F) and (R) lines were orginally asiggned to the (A) and (C) lines. They were taken off those lines to kill off the 32's at jamaica with the crappy A/C and loud brakes.

I agree with your statement about the R68A compared to the R160 seating. I seen quite a few people that are not the biggest fan of the 160's(No, they were not railfans and they weren't dudes they were females) because of the seating arragement. I think 75 FT cars are the nicest subway cars period!! The R32-R42 are a bit loud and the new techs to much stuff to name. 75 FT cars ride really smooth the lighting is perfect (As well as the seating arragement) Good heat and A/C and are quiet on the inside (Namly the R44's).

The MTA didn't do anything specal to fix the R32's brakes. The 32's with the bad brakes are all retired and are currently getting reefed. The ones that are on the (E), (F) and (R) lines were orginally asiggned to the (A) and (C) lines. They were taken off those lines to kill off the 32's at jamaica with the crappy A/C and loud brakes.

Then explain to me why car #3373 used to have loud brakes but now the brakes are quiet? I even got that train on video on the (F) line. The same R32s with loud brakes I seen last Spring are for the most part much quieter.

Then explain to me why car #3373 used to have loud brakes but now the brakes are quiet? I even got that train on video on the (F) line. The same R32s with loud brakes I seen last Spring are for the most part much quieter.

Simple, that particlar R32 went into the barn for inspection and the maintainers repaired the brakes. The way curake put it he made it seem like the MTA gave the 32's an SMS or an GOH.

the evil R46 makes its return on my Excellent Express i see..

LOL. Don't worry about it Error, your R32s are still on your "Excellent Express" ;)

Nice pix...

And there seems to be a pattern on the (E)...

It goes like this (in my point of view:

R-42

R-32

R-46

R-42

R-32

and on...

I feel there are at least two pairs of the cars (or 4x 5 cars)mentioned above running on the (E)...

I think there is no pattern with the train assignment along the (E), the (E) using R46s was only a temporary arrangement. Trains, IMO, are assigned randomly.

The reason why the R46's were on the (E) was because of the saturday G.O with the (F) skipping van wyck and supthin bivds and there were 2 R42's on the (R) with 1 R32 and there was a lot of R32's on the (F) as well as the 2 sets of R46's on the (E). The storage tracks had to be used so they had to scatter the stored R32's,R42's and R46's along the (E),(F) and (R) lines so that the (F) would run Express between Union Turnpike and Parsons Bivd. And Also because of the Broken Rail incident south of Farest hills ( The Track That leads to the yard).

That basically sums it all up.

Maybe they should use the 46's on the (E) more often

Nah... the R160s will pop in on the (E) sometime next year and the R32s are still fine on the (E), no need to run the R46s on the line.

LOL.....no they don't. The R-32's on the (E) are holding it down just fine

Agreed.

Maybe they should use the 46's on the (E) more often

except for one thing...8 fewer doors per train = increases station dwell times. the 75 footers may be nicer but it takes longer for passengers to get on and off trains at crowded stations with those cars.

What's silly about what the Q riders were stating about the lack of seats on the R160 vs. the R68? The R68 seats a total of around 560, the R160 seats 440. THat's a significant difference When it isn't rush hour, and someone has a long ride from Manhattan to the outskirts of Brooklyn, they'd rather sit than stand. So, the point is you are more likely to sit than stand on an R68 than you are on an R160. The R62 vs. R142 is not a parallel argument because the R62 didn't seat that much more and had impractically designed side by side buckets that were not broken up in 2s and 3s like they are on the B division cars.

The R32 isn't well liked by E riders, especially because most of the other lines get R46s that are quieter and nicer, and for those that remember, it felt like a downgrade because the E ran only R46s throughout most of the 1980s and that's when the line was premium as the trains were fairly new and were clean and well cared for. The R46 is two generations more modern than the R32. The R32 is a wonderful rush hour train but past that, it isn't that pleasant to ride in. And it was even more unpleasant because their a/c units were busted in the summer (although that may not totally be the fault of the R32). The E has had too many R32s and not anything else for too long. The R42s actually look modern next to the R32s, but they aren't much younger. Time is overdue to upgrade the E.

What's silly about what the Q riders were stating about the lack of seats on the R160 vs. the R68? The R68 seats a total of around 560, the R160 seats 440. THat's a significant difference When it isn't rush hour, and someone has a long ride from Manhattan to the outskirts of Brooklyn, they'd rather sit than stand. So, the point is you are more likely to sit than stand on an R68 than you are on an R160. The R62 vs. R142 is not a parallel argument because the R62 didn't seat that much more and had impractically designed side by side buckets that were not broken up in 2s and 3s like they are on the B division cars.

The R32 isn't well liked by E riders, especially because most of the other lines get R46s that are quieter and nicer, and for those that remember, it felt like a downgrade because the E ran only R46s throughout most of the 1980s and that's when the line was premium as the trains were fairly new and were clean and well cared for. The R46 is two generations more modern than the R32. The R32 is a wonderful rush hour train but past that, it isn't that pleasant to ride in. And it was even more unpleasant because their a/c units were busted in the summer (although that may not totally be the fault of the R32). The E has had too many R32s and not anything else for too long. The R42s actually look modern next to the R32s, but they aren't much younger. Time is overdue to upgrade the E.

People got stand on a train regardless if its a R-68A or R-160B or during non-rush hours or rush hours. I barely get a seat on the R-68's unless its somewhat empty in Manhattan or Brooklyn. I remember I had to stand up on the (D) from 59th Street-Columbus Circle to Bedford Park Blvd, I didn't complain nor made a fuss about it. R-46 is nicer.....now thats a real joke. I've ridden the R-46's numerous of times they had messed up annoucements, some of them were filthy (then again that's most trains), exterior signs had the wrong destinations. Matter of fact I rode a R-46 (F) and where I was sitting the light bulbs were blown out. Who feels comfortable riding a half lighten train?? The thing i like the R-46's is the speed and thats it. I haven't had any problems with the R-32's, I loved the ride and I felt comfortable on them. If the (E) needs an upgrade then it should get newer subway cars not recycled ones from another line. The (E) shall have R-32's until they get newer cars!

If the (E) needs an upgrade then it should get newer subway cars not recycled ones from another line. The (E) shall have R-32's until they get newer cars!

The E is mostly R42, the R46 is a Jamaica yard car that can be assigned to the E. The F, R, also use R32s or R46s or occasionally R42s now that Jamaica has R42s. So, it's mostly R42, some R32 and sometimes R46 until the E gets new cars. And they may be R160s and R179s.

except for one thing...8 fewer doors per train = increases station dwell times. the 75 footers may be nicer but it takes longer for passengers to get on and off trains at crowded stations with those cars.

However, since R46's have less gaps in between cars it can hold more people overall. As a E rider, I despise those geriatric R32's.

Speaking of the R32, how come they didn't put #3348 and its mate (I think that it was 3549) in the museum, instead of #3352 & 3353? Think about it, if the car numbers for them started at 3350, and people see 3348, wouldn't it be somewhat funny?

Speaking of the R32, how come they didn't put #3348 and its mate (I think that it was 3549) in the museum, instead of #3352 & 3353? Think about it, if the car numbers for them started at 3350, and people see 3348, wouldn't it be somewhat funny?

They try and preserve historicaly significant cars where possible. IINM, 3352-3 was the lead set on the first revenue run of R32's

They try and preserve historicaly significant cars where possible. IINM, 3352-3 was the lead set on the first revenue run of R32's

but think about it, if the numbers start at 3350, wouldn't #3348 be good? they just hppen to choose that number instead of 3349.

Archived