Extra Holiday Service

Brighton Local

For the past 2 years, Transit issued extra trains on certain lines that carries the most people during the holidays. As far as I recall, the (1)(3)(6)(A)(E)(Q) lines were chosen to have increased service. Extra R40M's and Slants ran the (Q) for the past years. Question is, has / "is" the increased service plan going to take (taking) effect?

For the past 2 years, Transit issued extra trains on certain lines that carries the most people during the holidays. As far as I recall, the (1)(3)(6)(A)(E)(Q) lines were chosen to have increased service. Extra R40M's and Slants ran the (Q) for the past years. Question is, has / "is" the increased service plan going to take (taking) effect?

Since I ride the (Q) everyday, yes, I'm starting to see more R68/A but with the a increasing amount of R160Bs.

Assuming if the proposed budget cuts takes place it wont occur until about next May-june 2009 at the earliest. During the next 2 weekends(this weekend 20-21 and Christmas weekend dec. 27-29) most weekend 'go's' and related detours due to track and station work is suspended until after the holidays.

And on Christmas eve rush hours starts earlier around 2pm on the LIRR, MNRR and many NYC express buses.

As far as extra service i think it usually only new years eve that occurs. The best example is for instance the (C)(5)(R) service hours are extended until about 2am for the Times Sq ball drop/other new years events in midtown. Also metro north runs all night with 90 minute headways between 2am-5am when MNRR is usually closed for that time.

I hope that explains it Brighton.

Assuming if the proposed budget cuts takes place it wont occur until about next May-june 2009 at the earliest. During the next 2 weekends(this weekend 20-21 and Christmas weekend dec. 27-29) most weekend 'go's' and related detours due to track and station work is suspended until after the holidays.

And on Christmas eve rush hours starts earlier around 2pm on the LIRR, MNRR and many NYC express buses.

As far as extra service i think it usually only new years eve that occurs. The best example is for instance the (C)(5)(R) service hours are extended until about 2am for the Times Sq ball drop/other new years events in midtown. Also metro north runs all night with 90 minute headways between 2am-5am when MNRR is usually closed for that time.

Thanks for the explanation!

New Years is too late man. I remember in 2006 and last year, the extended services took place at the beginning of December.

I've seen alerts all over with information about added trains and lengthened service times into normally quiet hours etc all over most of the commuter transit systems. I think you have to check individual line schedules.

- A

New York City Transit is running Extra Holiday Subway service on wkends Dec 6/7 , 13/14, and 20/21 on the following lines ONLY (1)(3)(4)(6)(C)(E)(F).

I know the (F) is running every 5 to 6 Minutues Sat/Sun between 12PM and 8PM. They got about 7 Extra Train crews on the (F) Line and the R32's are out in force. Even seen a R42 Saturday in (R) Service but they don't have extra service it just happened that way with most of the available car going in service on the (E)(F) Lines.

New York City Transit is running Extra Holiday Subway service on wkends Dec 6/7 , 13/14, and 20/21 on the following lines ONLY (1)(3)(4)(6)(C)(E)(F).

I know the (F) is running every 5 to 6 Minutes Sat/Sun between 12PM and 8PM. They got about 7 Extra Train crews on the (F) Line and the R32's are out in force. Even seen a R42 Saturday in (R) Service but they don't have extra service it just happened that way with most of the available car going in service on the (E)(F) Lines.

Ahh okay. Thanks for the response Dave. I know they usually implement the service upgrade annually.

Archived