Train car length signs @ stations!!

AA 8th Avenue

Nonsense? What nonsense? You, me, MTR are all endless nonsense people.

Nonsense? What nonsense? You, me, 7LineFan are all endless nonsense people.

And I agree with the (G) fence installation, but does the (G) have 8-10 cars on Weekday or Rush Hours?

facepalm.jpg

Don't say people are offending you, because right now, it seems that 7LineFan and I are being insulted with your post.

You tell me, how can you fit 10 75 footers in a station that is around 615 feet long?

facepalm.jpg

Don't say people are offending you, because right now, it seems that 7LineFan and I are being insulted with your post.

You tell me, how can you fit 10 75 footers in a station that is around 615 feet long?

Agree.

To add on to that, R46s come in four car sets. Don't know how you're gonna hook up 10 of them, unless you have an extra A-A or A-B pair.

Agreed...

Well, it would fit but it would not allow passengers to reach the station in a curved tunnel (depending on the curve). And 75 footer (the space between cars) will not allow passengers through too...

The tunnels could fit 8 75 footers, okay. But however, could it fit a 750 foot train and allow to turn efficiently without affecting the travel times???

It is possible, but it is technically infeasible to run 10 car trains in service, eh? Especially on the G.

Yep...not possible feasibly. The cars individually would clear the loading gauge of the tunnels and platform but remember.

-The stop markers are placed in stations assuming certain train lengths.

-The conductor's boards are placed in stations so that a C/R will be on the board when the train stops at the appropriate marker.

-Most platforms will not fit a 750 foot train. Thus you will have doors (and sometimes whole cars) in the tunnel.

-The "resume speed" signage and relay position markers are placed in tunnels assuming certain train lengths.

-A longer train means it will take longer to clear curves, which will slow down train operation. That means longer runs, employees on the clock more = increased costs. That 7 hour 55 minute job just turned into a >8 hour job which means Overtime

so lots of issues...

-Most platforms will not fit a 750 foot train. Thus you will have doors (and sometimes whole cars) in the tunnel.

-A longer train means it will take longer to clear curves, which will slow down train operation. That means longer runs, employees on the clock more = increased costs. That 7 hour 55 minute job just turned into a >8 hour job which means Overtime

so lots of issues...

EXACTLY.

Archived