ACES Start Date Announced

Forest Glen

I saw an interesting thread at Subcrap. The start date for the new NY-Atlantic City Express service has been announced. Service is set to begin on February 6. The express train will have waiters and a first class section. Coach seats are $50 one way. First class seats are $75. For more on this article:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/15/a-luxury-train-bound-for-atlantic-city/

I'm sad that i wont see the P40DC's at newark anymore.

What do you mean? With this new service, the P40 will run on the train the whole way, just shut off in the East River Tunnels. Granted, you won't see the P40's in Amtrak colors any more, though.

Amtrak's former P40's better do well on (NJT), though, with their horrible reliability.

There should be a stop at Rahway and at Trenton so people on the NJCL and Princton Line can ride the ACES. I like the overall idea. I'm defiantly railfaning that when it hit's the rails.

Supposedly it is on a route that will not pass by Trenton. That would be the NEC.

Lol, I'll do that when I'm 18.

What do you mean? With this new service, the P40 will run on the train the whole way, just shut off in the East River Tunnels. Granted, you won't see the P40's in Amtrak colors any more, though.

Amtrak's former P40's better do well on (NJT), though, with their horrible reliability.

They are actually far more reliable since amtrak had them fixed by GE.

I will miss them pulling into stop a newark with their black (NJT) mask like batman! :D:D

- A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Test trains are running alot at night,P40s are shutdown while on the

NEC and only used as control cabs or trailing units,they are started

at frankford juc. for reverse move to AC,the P40s were completly

overhauled by amtrak at beech grove shops,http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=903194,

4 were shipped from bear to beech for rebuild,they are running with

(soon to be rebuilt)alp44s in aces service

• 3 weeks later...

Today there was an ACES sneak preview. A train left from Penn at 2:30PM. I didn't know about it until the last minute so there are no pics (yet). The train had a food vending machine and a small dining section. It also had lounge type seating. The only caveat was that it appeared to be underutilized (though this wasn't an official journey).

Archived