Greeting from Far Rockaway

pr1nyc1

I found this site on Google, and i became a member at that second, too bad i had to wait almost a day to post. I love the site, it's a great idea, and ill be around. Since i was young I've always been fascinated on how the trains operated, and till this day I still do. Does anyone have a link to a documentary video of some sort? I would really love to know. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Welcome to New York City Transit Forums Far Rockaway member B) I'm not that far from there....pls enjoy your stay here. There's documentaries on YouTube on the subway system, you can do search on the 3rd Avenue El and also watch some videos members have made about the subways and buses!

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings and salutations Far Rock. Back when I was 10 in the days of the double fare (people who lived past Howard Beach had to pay to LEAVE the system!) I'd ride the E from Schermerhorn to The Rockaways during the evening rush just so I could ride Express cause I'd be in school during the day and unlike today there was no all day express on the A line back then. Far Rock still holds a special place in my heart today. Welcome to NYCTF!

I found this site on Google, and i became a member at that second, too bad i had to wait almost a day to post. I love the site, it's a great idea, and ill be around. Since i was young I've always been fascinated on how the trains operated, and till this day I still do. Does anyone have a link to a documentary video of some sort? I would really love to know. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Hey welcome aboard...

I know it's not the holidays and this is no video, but "happy holidays nontheless"...here ya go :) - http://www.nycsubway.org

Archived