Draw your own train and post it here!

Hey people,

I wonder if you people like to make your own trains. Make some drawings and post it here! It would be nice to see your drawings.

I would want people also draw what you would expect from the R-179 and R-188 cars. Doesn't have to be accurate!

There's already a Transit Art Forum in here, "Original Art & Music".

There's already a Transit Art Forum in here, "Original Art & Music".

Yeah, this should be in that forum. If one of the mods could move it there?

For the record though, I made one of my own a while back... people have seen it before, but for the new members,

SubwayCarDrawings006.jpg

Sorry that it's sideways. Should I put the rest of mine up?

Yeah, this should be in that forum. If one of the mods could move it there?

For the record though, I made one of my own a while back... people have seen it before, but for the new members,

SubwayCarDrawings006.jpg

Sorry that it's sideways. Should I put the rest of mine up?

is that how the future MTA subway cars gonna look like? that would be total whack! but nice drawing!

Here's mine, the R205. Based on Chicago 5000 Series from the 50's. It 60 Feet Long, it runs in 5 Cars sets but some in 4 Car and a few Married Pairs. It's very fast.

R200.jpg

Great drawing (N) trizzy!, That is a great train car, the R205! Did you get that name from the fact that 205th Street is (D)'s northern terminal?:P

I suck at drawing, but here it is:

scan0002-2.jpg

That's pretty good, great job, it's not really easy drawing subway cars by hand, but you did a great job over there. B)

To Metatops,

The name is really the R200/R205. They are a fleet of trains very similar to the R160s. I drew the R205. This is the line up.

R200-(Chicago Belt/Alstom)

Squared front windows. Has builder plated above front door. There's no bar under the engineer window. The side route and destination signs are separated. All R200s run on the BMT Lines~(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(W)

R205-(Chicago Belt-Alstom)

Rounded front windows. No builder's plate. Has bar under the front window. One piece LED route/destination sign. Rides alot lower then R200's. Different seating.

All R205s run on IND Line~(A)(:D©(D)(E)(F)(G)(V) and soon (T)

To Metatops,

The name is really the R200/R205. They are a fleet of trains very similar to the R160s. I drew the R205. This is the line up.

R200-(Chicago Belt/Alstom)

Squared front windows. Has builder plated above front door. There's no bar under the engineer window. The side route and destination signs are separated. All R200s run on the BMT Lines~(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(W)

R205-(Chicago Belt-Alstom)

Rounded front windows. No builder's plate. Has bar under the front window. One piece LED route/destination sign. Rides alot lower then R200's. Different seating.

All R205s run on IND Line~(A)(:D©(D)(E)(F)(G)(V) and soon (T)

That explains, well you assign different cars to IND and BMT Divisions, cool. It's like the variation of the R142 and R142A's with the R160 concepts.

In an hour and a half this is what my imagination thought of:

R40S

Queens Plaza

The result:

(Sorry that the pic is light my scanner is really crappy and maybe I need to darken it more so you can see it)

R40Strain.jpg

Very nice!

I'm pretty sure it happened. Remember... the slants made their début on the F line which yet to this day runs on the Queens Blvd Line (except that after 2001, the F was sent over the 63rd Street Line)

Very nice!

I'm pretty sure it happened. Remember... the slants made their début on the F line which yet to this day runs on the Queens Blvd Line (except that after 2001, the F was sent over the 63rd Street Line)

Not with the GOHed slants though, am I correct? Those slants look like post-GOH.

Archived