Say GoodBy to the R40S/M R42's on the C

North-Eastern T/O

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup, agreed and I don't like word fights even any fights, lets get back on topic...

Well, the (A) isn't special but it is special since it can access the yard of pleasure and doom. The 207th Street yard always gets the Newest and Oldest cars no matter what, since it is located by the hudson and the barge of doom can take the about to be doomed cars away.

It's funny when all of you call the 207th St yard the "Death Yard", or the "Yard of Doom". I know the (A) gets the first and last trips on all cars (in the B division of course), and I know that the yard gets the cars their final rights, but does it really have to have that name?:)

Just to give all you guys an update the R40/42's will be staying on the (C) Line longer do to the Cold weather plan that was in effect this past weekend. On Sunday I was reassigned to help out with Snowbirds at Pitkin Yd and found out the Transfers were canceled. I was happy I got to operate a Light R40MOD (A) train for a Lay Up. Made some nice holiday cash since the crew office was nice enough to let me work 14 Hours.

Also do to an upcoming G.O wkend No (A) service between Jay St and Utica Ave it don't look like any changes will be done this weekend as well so enjoy those nice R40/42's on the (A)(C) while you can.

NEWS FLASH:

I just rode on the 8th Avenue Line today and the car assignment change did not happen, just like i predicted. The C is still R40/40M/42s while the E is still R32s and R42s. The A is R38s, R40s, and R44s. I told you already, this car assignment change would be a big waste of time and money and A, C, and E riders all say there are perfectly happy with the cars their lines are currently using. So dream on if you want, but R32s are staying on the E until their dying day in August, R40M/42s will only run on the A and C beginning in February, and R38s and R40 slants are set to retire within the next 2-5 months.

NEWS FLASH:

I just rode on the 8th Avenue Line today and the car assignment change did not happen, just like i predicted. The C is still R40/40M/42s while the E is still R32s and R42s. The A is R38s, R40s, and R44s. I told you already, this car assignment change would be a big waste of time and money and A, C, and E riders all say there are perfectly happy with the cars their lines are currently using. So dream on if you want, but R32s are staying on the E until their dying day in August, R40M/42s will only run on the A and C beginning in February, and R38s and R40 slants are set to retire within the next 2-5 months.

No, The change will happen but not right away because of the reason I said in my last post. Riders are not happy the (C) Line getting daily complaints about those cars since they have to run to get the train. Since personal were assigned to the transfers they still got paid even if the moves were canceled which wasn't a complete waste of money since those Operators could be used to relocate trains in the tunnels instead for the cold weather plan.

No, The change will happen but not right away because of the reason I said in my last post. Riders are not happy the (C) Line getting daily complaints about those cars since they have to run to get the train. Since personal were assigned to the transfers they still got paid even if the moves were canceled which wasn't a complete waste of money since those Operators could be used to relocate trains in the tunnels instead for the cold weather plan.

Yes the inclement weather will be delaying this transfer:

I went down to the (A)(C) and the composition is still the same.

see what a bunch of lyes! :rolleyes: and Kexpress gets banned geez!!

Just becuz u guys work for the (MTA) doesnt mean you guys have much proof. The R40/42s are still on the (C) so this topic is useless till i see an R32/38!

i am pretty sure that is why Kexpress got banned. not all MTA workers are right. car assignment plans can change rapidly.

i am pretty sure that is why Kexpress got banned. not all MTA workers are right. car assignment plans can change rapidly.

the poor guy got banned only cuz people kept saying that T/Os dont lye.. ya right...

And idc if they are workers for the (MTA) they dont make the decisions the TA does and TWU.

But anyways im keeping a good look out for the 32s/38~

Yes the inclement weather will be delaying this transfer:

I went down to the (A)(C) and the composition is still the same.

Not looking good for next wkend unless they decide to make it a wk night operation. They got a G.O No (C) service and NO (A) service between Utica Av to Jay Streets so transfers between Pitkin and Jamaica won't be happening.

It was a stupid idea to move the trains to the s stop sign people would never figure out especially tourists that all (C) train are 8 cars and are stopping all the way at the front ends of the stations; leaving two cars short at the rear of the station... If they were going to switch train like that make the (C) a full 10 cars if not leave some 32 or 38s specifically for the (C)!!!

to me, it doesnt make a difference. i only took the (C) train once using R42 cars and only rode it from West 4 St to 14 St. usually i get an R32 or R38. dont get me wrong, it was nice to see a different train on the (C) but i dont ride the (A)(C) alot. everytime i take the (A), i get a R44, which is good. but i dont use the (C) alot.

It was a stupid idea to move the trains to the s stop sign people would never figure out especially tourists that all (C) train are 8 cars and are stopping all the way at the front ends of the stations; leaving two cars short at the rear of the station... If they were going to switch train like that make the (C) a full 10 cars if not leave some 32 or 38s specifically for the (C)!!!

you're right. they really should make the (C) train a 10-car train (8-car if they ever use R44, R46, R68, R68A models). it makes all the (A) line stops, and the (A) is a full train. just like the (V) when it replaced the (C) in brooklyn, we had a full train. or some weekends where the (F) replaces the (C) and the (G) replaces the (F) in brooklyn, again...full train. just like that one time i took the (:rolleyes: train running on the (C) line to Euclid Ave using R68A cars... again, full train. or when the (:D used to terminate at Washington Hts-168 St, ....again......FULL TRAIN!!!! whats the big deal??? why cant the (C) use 10 cars? (8-car if they ever use R44, R46, R68, R68A models)

"Just becuz u guys work for the doesnt mean you guys have much proof. The R40/42s are still on the so this topic is useless till i see an R32/38!"

I know what I said about transferring trains between yards. I it did not happen because of the Weather. Stop telling me I don't have proof, I saw the extra T/O that they had for the moves. A Lot of them was given other O/T and some just want home with 4 hours pay for just coming in. So don't call me a lire Please, just because it did not happen, THANKs.

"Just becuz u guys work for the doesnt mean you guys have much proof. The R40/42s are still on the so this topic is useless till i see an R32/38!"

I know what I said about transferring trains between yards. I it did not happen because of the Weather. Stop telling me I don't have proof, I saw the extra T/O that they had for the moves. A Lot of them was given other O/T and some just want home with 4 hours pay for just coming in. So don't call me a lire Please, just because it did not happen, THANKs.

Don't pay those two any mind. I know your information on this topic was currect because I spoke to other people in the know like the supervision in charge of the operation. Now everything seems like it on hold with that crazy wkend G.O.

I asked about that and the reason given was it would cost too much money to run two extra cars. I have trouble buying that reason but thats what they say.

Well wouldn't adding two cars per train increase the power consumption of the system?

why cant the (C) use 10 cars? (8-car if they ever use R44, R46, R68, R68A models)

I asked about that and the reason given was it would cost too much money to run two extra cars. I have trouble buying that reason but thats what they say.

ok but they can at LEAST stop the train at 8 cars, they can use any exsiting C/R board, who cares.. The MTA is just lazy to move em thats all..

People are gonna law suit the TA for these issues. Its just like the (G) but now worst for people in Manhattan and Brooklyn tho relys on the ©harley Train~

So why do we need R32 then the 40, cuz the MTA is just crapping out every second. Im not talking abut the emloyees, I mean the company!

ok but they can at LEAST stop the train at 8 cars, they can use any exsiting C/R board, who cares.. The MTA is just lazy to move em thats all..

People are gonna law suit the TA for these issues. Its just like the (G) but now worst for people in Manhattan and Brooklyn tho relys on the ©harley Train~

So why do we need R32 then the 40, cuz the MTA is just crapping out every second. Im not talking abut the emloyees, I mean the company!

I agree with you it would have been easier and cheaper just to move the boards to the proper location instead of paying lots of T/O's to move trains around again.

Well wouldn't adding two cars per train increase the power consumption of the system?

I really don't know how much more money they spend on that. I do remember back when they use to run shorter trains at night and Wkends. I remember it will in the IRT back when they had Redbirds and Single R62A's (1)(2)(4) 8 cars (5) 6 cars Wkend 8 car Wknight (6) 5 cars late Night Wkends Redbirds 8 Cars R62A 7 Cars. That was back in the early 1990's.

I agree with you it would have been easier and cheaper just to move the boards to the proper location instead of paying lots of T/O's to move trains around again.

yes but many T/Os and c/rs wont care seeing that they are in it for the money... :P

I really don't know how much more money they spend on that. I do remember back when they use to run shorter trains at night and Wkends. I remember it will in the IRT back when they had Redbirds and Single R62A's (1)(2)(4) 8 cars (5) 6 cars Wkend 8 car Wknight (6) 5 cars late Night Wkends Redbirds 8 Cars R62A 7 Cars. That was back in the early 1990's.

I remember this on the "B" Division as well. when i was three, i rode on an R68A D train that was using only four cars. at that time, some R68s had the railfan window and it was quite large. now all R68/68As are in four car sets with full width cabs at each end. i also remember spotting an R40 B train that was using only six cars instead of its usual 10. some passengers at grand street had to run 2 to 3 car lengths to not miss the train because they waited at the end of the platform.

Do not worry, the (C) will get to 10 cars sooner or later! That is even in the Capital Program with the R-179 and M-8/M-9 orders...

The A/C will never get 10 cars because we cant fit a 10 car set in the barn. This is also the reason why we wont get the new tech cars... they are in 5 car sets... Supposedly they are supposed to extend the barn next summer in prep for the R160

Also... just to confirm everything. (since i do work there)

All R38s are being scrapped... as for the timeframe.. I was told by march there shall be no more.

All R32s from Jamaica are being transfered to A/C and will stay until the end of 2010 when the entire R160 fleet has been purchased by the MTA

They made this decision mainly because the R40s/42s/and 46s that came from East New York are in extremely bad shape and the shop at 207 has absolutely no parts on hand.

Archived