Say GoodBy to the R40S/M R42's on the C

North-Eastern T/O

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well... sort of but not really. All a rider wants from a train is cleanliness, comfort (proper temperature, not too much noise, smooth ride etc.), and announcements he/she can hear. Basically, they wouldn't care if they got a R46, R68/A, R142/a, R62/a, r143, or R160A/B because they meet all of those demands. But when a rider sees and car class from R32-R42 (which he/she probably can't distinct) they think somewhere along the lines "ugh, i hate these old screechy, dirty and rusty trains". They would rather have classes R62-R160. so in this case R32=R38=r40=r40m=r42. I know this because I go to highschool and I asked one of my friends (who has no interest in trains) and I asked her what she thinks of the cars running on the (C) (which at the time were R38's), and she said she didn't like them because they were dirty, dark, rusty and screechy. Then I asked her what she thinks of the cars that run on the (:)(which at the time were [and still are] R68/A), and she didn't hate them nor have much opinions but thought they were satisfactory. I asked a lot of people and they has similar answers were similar. As long as a car meets the non-enthusiast's wants, they are fine with them.

R62's (The ones on the (3) line) are not as smooth and quiet as the 75 footers and R142A and 143/160. Ride one between chambers and park place and you'll see what I mean. Not to mention there very bucky and bumby. However me personally I perfer the R62 over the R142's. The 62's are fun to ride in the underwater tube between bowling green and borough hall and on the 7 ave express runs. But when the T/O comes into a station fast on a 62 and takes a hard brake its very bumby and unsmooth. The R62A's are much better in the comfort dept IMO, rode the 62A (3) train a few weeks ago it was much smoother and not as loud as the kawasaki 62's.

i cant wait for the R160s to end its transfers, i wanna see some R179s

i guess the Queens Blvd line is the last to get the 160s

and also i know the R44s are gonna be replaced by 179s and the 188 replaces 62as on the (7) and maybe retire the 62s , i wonder wat will happen to r46s

i cant wait for the R160s to end its transfers, i wanna see some R179s

i guess the Queens Blvd line is the last to get the 160s

and also i know the R44s are gonna be replaced by 179s and the 188 replaces 62as on the (7) and maybe retire the 62s , i wonder wat will happen to r46s

Let us not anticipate for R179s and R188s anytime soon. I will only start to anticipate for them when their order is placed and it is definite that they are being built.

Ok I just found out that the swap they planned to do has been Posponed until Futher Notice. So R32's in QNS will stay there and R 40M / SLaints, R42 will REMAIN In Service on the (A)(C) Lines. When the information changes I do pass it along as it comes.

Thanks for the news!

Why are they cancelling the swap, anyway?

Ok I just found out that the swap they planned to do has been Posponed until Futher Notice. So R32's in QNS will stay there and R 40M / SLaints, R42 will REMAIN In Service on the (A)(C) Lines. When the information changes I do pass it along as it comes.
Sweet. Hope it stays that way. I need to keep riding that slant. B)

Thanks for the news!

Why are they cancelling the swap, anyway?

No offical reason given but I think someone woke up a realised they going to have to spend money do undo what they did. They did a sloppy job when they did the current arrangement they used black spray paint on the 8 Car markers instead of just removing them so they would have to get New 8 Car markers for the 8 Ave Line and replace S markers with 10 car markers. The 6 AV line they already put back some 8 car markers and 10 car markers so the rerouted (C) T/O better be on point and stop at the 10 car marker because if they do stop at the 8 car the C/R will have No board.

The reason why they wanted the R 32's back because of increased Customer Injuried with crowds running for the train like 42,w4,Bway Juction and just about every (C) train is running 5 Minutes late during the wkdays.

No offical reason given but I think someone woke up a realised they going to have to spend money do undo what they did. They did a sloppy job when they did the current arrangement they used black spray paint on the 8 Car markers instead of just removing them so they would have to get New 8 Car markers for the 8 Ave Line and replace S markers with 10 car markers. The 6 AV line they already put back some 8 car markers and 10 car markers so the rerouted (C) T/O better be on point and stop at the 10 car marker because if they do stop at the 8 car the C/R will have No board.

The reason why they wanted the R 32's back because of increased Customer Injuried with crowds running for the train like 42,w4,Bway Juction and just about every (C) train is running 5 Minutes late during the wkdays.

Then the issue is, how will the R32s get to 207th Yard without being transferred to the A/C? Transferring them straight to the yard during late nights?

i knew it was going to be useless and a waste of time and money. E riders have said a thousand times they hate the R42s, but C riders prefer R40/40M/42s over R38s because the R38s are dark, dirty, and deteriorated. E riders want the R32s and their strong heating to say until their retirement in August. Putting the R40 slants on the E would be pointless because they are set to retire in April-May 2009 right after the R38s.

one more thing, long platforms are a poor excuse to swap cars because that does not happen on just the C, but also on the G as well as couple of stations on the BMT Sea Beach Line, as these two videos I recorded last summer will show.

Then the issue is, how will the R32s get to 207th Yard without being transferred to the A/C? Transferring them straight to the yard during late nights?

yeah, just send them straight to the 207th street after their outlived their usefulness on the E. E riders want the R32s to stay due to their strong heating. just because you send a car to 207th street does not mean it has to run on the A/C.

Archived