An mixed R68A/Redbird/R32 trainset at CI yard

trainfan22

Well, yeah... How about the R-32, R-38, R-40's and R-42's? Can they be coupled together with Air and Electric?

Yup, those cars are all fully compatible...the cars that the transit museum is saving will prove that too whenever the first R32-R42 fantrip is held someday in the not so distant future. I'm sure if you look around on nycsubway.org there are pictures of "frankentrains" of those cars running around the system in the 70's and 80's

Yup, those cars are all fully compatible...the cars that the transit museum is saving will prove that too whenever the first R32-R42 fantrip is held someday in the not so distant future. I'm sure if you look around on nycsubway.org there are pictures of "frankentrains" of those cars running around the system in the 70's and 80's

I wonder, would slants be included in that train??

Yes, they are as I think all operatable together like the R-1's to R-9's, now it is R-32's to R-42's, :D!

DUH, WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE OPERABLE.

Me and NTrizzy saw a Slant and Mod on the same train at 14th Street when we were railfanning Tuesday. We were too shocked to even take a picture of it.

It would be cool to see the slant running with pairs of straight end cars.

I know, just to clear it if someone is confuzzled.

Well, after all these talk and pix and vids, I wouldn't be too surprised but would be fun to see that kind of alingment anyways!

I feel this is the best alingment: R-32/R-32/R-38/R-38/R-40|R-40\R-40S\R-40S\R-42\R-42... The glory of old to new, :)!

R40S is R40.

Unless you mean the Mods which are R40M

Archived