How do you get onto NYC subway.org?

NYtransit

You dont join, you contact.

Contact David Pirmann

http://www.nycsubway.org/cgi-bin/feedback

Hes the Webmaster (Click on Webmaster) ask him how do you upload shots..

He will tell you:

Resize shots, load up to Zip File. And detail it.. Done...

BTW load the Best shots you got, not just shots of a train at angle or blurred, he may not take em. Shot like This he will take:

img_5934.jpg

not like this (My sisters cam, till i got my better one lol)

PICT0014-1.jpg

There is a maximum size for the images in one zip file he takes, but I can't remember, so the best for you is to just contact him through the site and get the info!

I think its 1044x 800 and under, better put it around 900 =]~

You dont join, you contact.

Contact David Pirmann

http://www.nycsubway.org/cgi-bin/feedback

Hes the Webmaster (Click on Webmaster) ask him how do you upload shots..

He will tell you:

Resize shots, load up to Zip File. And detail it.. Done...

BTW load the Best shots you got, not just shots of a train at angle or blurred, he may not take em. Shot like This he will take:

img_5934.jpg

not like this (My sisters cam, till i got my better one lol)

PICT0014-1.jpg

so you upload the image,or you put a bunch of them in a .zip file and upload them and you have to resize them? what about the subway car numbers? do you add them in the photo? or must he find the number in the photo?thanks

so you upload the image,or you put a bunch of them in a .zip file and upload them and you have to resize them? what about the subway car numbers? do you add them in the photo? or must he find the number in the photo?thanks

u dont need subway car number, the model yes, and u just load to a Zip file, in your email u give a discripition about the shots

I suggest 10 Shots, and make them JPEG, seeing that too much he may not take, plus certain Email providers give you limits of uploading size

before you do submit it, maybe you can show us, and we can see how nice are there :)

u dont need subway car number, the model yes, and u just load to a Zip file, in your email u give a discripition about the shots

I suggest 10 Shots, and make them JPEG, seeing that too much he may not take, plus certain Email providers give you limits of uploading size

before you do submit it, maybe you can show us, and we can see how nice are there :)

but how will he now the subway car #?

Don't think he should upload 500 of his photos, you'll see when he puts them on NYCSUBWAY.ORG

You upload the images in a zip file, around 10 of them per email, attach the zip file to email and then in the email description for each photo you give the details:

City:

System:

Line:

Route:

Car: (including car # if you have)

Photo by:

Date:

Remember this info had to be precise for each photo you submit, so for example: you have picture #1, so in the email description you say #1 and add the details. I hope this made it clear. B)

Don't think he should upload 500 of his photos, you'll see when he puts them on NYCSUBWAY.ORG

You upload the images in a zip file, around 10 of them per email, attach the zip file to email and then in the email description for each photo you give the details:

City:

System:

Line:

Route:

Photo by:

Date:

Remember this info had to be precise for each photo you submit, so for example: you have picture #1, so in the email description you say #1 and add the details. I hope this made it clear. :)

he doesnt need all that, cuz David knows, all he needs is:

Line:

Route:

Photo by:

Date:

david puts the rest, and if he wants he can add a footer to the bottom of his shot:

2008-2009 By [NAME]

but the rest is gd

and i didnt say he needs 500, i meant 10 500 is too much, and he aint gonna look at all of them, hes gonna fall asleep by 40, cuz 40 is 40Sleep instead of 40Slant, thats a Sleep number :) , phew im getting tired already B) zzzzzzz gn B)

You have to know the car number of the subway trains you have taken.....it depends on the angle of the pic of the train you take it. The car numbers sometimes will pop up in the pic.....if you don't know the car number then its cool. As long you provide him the date of the pic taken, subway line (BMT Broadway, IND Central Park West, IRT Lexington Avenue), subway car model and subway station!

You have to know the car number of the subway trains you have taken.....it depends on the angle of the pic of the train you take it. The car numbers sometimes will pop up in the pic.....if you don't know the car number then its cool. As long you provide him the date of the pic taken, subway line (BMT Broadway, IND Central Park West, IRT Lexington Avenue), subway car model and subway station!

do i add it in a text?

u dont need the car number, u need the model number, it would be nice to provide car number, if not skip it

u dont need the car number, u need the model number, it would be nice to provide car number, if not skip it

Hmmm exucse me....I also have pics up there and when I e-mailed him he said I need to know the car numbers....I guess you didn't read the part when I said if you don't know the car numbers its cool!

Hmmm exucse me....I also have pics up there and when I e-mailed him he said I need to know the car numbers....I guess you didn't read the part when I said if you don't know the car numbers its cool!

and where did u say that? he never told me to send car number mate, he said IF i know it send it....

EDIT: nvm i found it, my bad

and where did u say that? he never told me to send car number mate, he said IF i know it send it....

idk he didn't tell you that b/c I've told you that and its under everyone else pics when they send them their pics to him

idk he didn't tell you that b/c I've told you that and its under everyone else pics when they send them their pics to him

yup found it my bad.. u mad? =\

Yeah, great idea but, make sure you put your name in the pix so nobody can steal it...

david will do it, evem tho its to stressful for him i guess...

at least do something, dont just submit pixs and let the poor guy do the rest...

@Curtis thx~~

Archived