R160 in service on E line

BSmith

aww i missed it. oh well, i guess R42s will soon be transferred from the E to the A to retire the R38s. E riders will be very happy to see those rusted tin cans be replaced by these computer cars.

These R160s feel like a replacement to the R32, the train that has been so commonly found on the line for over 15 years. The R42 feels like some sort of fill-in transition train that wasn't on the line long enough to make that much of an impression other than it brought back the cool blue E bullet to the front of the train.

I like that the E has new clean trains. The R160, is, well...generic. Feels like the R40M/R42 of today. It runs on many lines, the front sign on all of the trains are the same color: red, it uses the same synthetic voices heard in the IRT R142s and the R143 and other R160s, the interior has the blue bullet in one spot only but on the black area near the ceilings the line designation is yellow and the information is red. Make no doubt about it, I welcome it. I just wish the R160 had more of the color of the lines and some more character. A nice cool blue E on the front would look so cool. Maybe the R179 will bring more interesting line signs but for now it's red for those that get the NTTs on the 2, 4, 5, 6, E, at some point F, J, L, M, N, Q, maybe R, and outgoing W and Z.

This is one of the days I wish I could cut school just to catch this.

Its about time that the R160s made it to the (E). Despite what everyone says, I definitely welcome them on the (E) despite what people have to say about them.

As my friends usually say: "We're in there!" :rolleyes:

Stay in school, dude.. Cutting is not cool, won't get you anywhere.

You have like almost 2 weeks worth of break... there is no excuse for you to cut just to ride the train. :D:D:D

Well, that is just not the best thing. I cutted half a day outta school (since it is already half-day school) bac kon the 10th to catch the (W) and Old South Ferry Station, fearing they would be gone from service soon.

Yup, you bet! :rolleyes:!

Stay in school, you should prioritise education before you could prioritise the subway. Say you want to be a T/O some day... you need a HS diploma before you can even apply for the job. If you cut everyday just to watch trains, then you are putting yourself at risk for messing up high school.

Archived