R160 in service on E line

BSmith

I'm going to guess when at least two-thirds of the R160A option order are in and in use on the (E) then the (F) will finally get to use it, but then again I may be wrong about that. Alstom is right in schedule with this option order, unlike the base order for the (J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W) and (Z) lines. It doesn't matter the cars perform great!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (PSP (PlayStation Portable); 2.00))

Well, current view is 3-Full Sets (10 or 8 Car) and 1-Half Set (5 or 4 Car) of R-160's in Jamaica Yard... It is as of 11:30pm EST on 12-25-2008...

last time i chcked, there is only 1 in service (9233-9242)

It's a gift from heaven. After all the years of suffering on the R32 I finally have a comfortable mode of transportation.

Yeah, they are certainly delighted!

I'm going to guess when at least two-thirds of the R160A option order are in and in use on the (E) then the (F) will finally get to use it, but then again I may be wrong about that. Alstom is right in schedule with this option order, unlike the base order for the (J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W) and (Z) lines. It doesn't matter the cars perform great!

I think that their priority is to make the (E) entirely R160, then if there are any remaining cars they will push them to the (F). The (R) will most likely be R46s in the near future.

Well, current view is 3-Full Sets (10 or 8 Car) and 1-Half Set (5 or 4 Car) of R-160's in Jamaica Yard... It is as of 11:30pm EST on 12-25-2008...

It has to be 10 cars if it is for service. Just take a look at the number... As soon as you see 92XX, it is definitely 5 cars. There is a half set (4 cars) at Jamaica used to train crews to prep them up for R160. However, this set could be back at East New York.

It's a gift from heaven. After all the years of suffering on the R32 I finally have a comfortable mode of transportation.

I don't know about you, but I really hate the 160's for having that bar in the middle on the benches, and how the bench isn't extended all the way to the doors. You're gonna end up getting squashed if anyone remotely wide sits next to you (and you know how many wide people there are in America, no offense to you wide folks).

Why aren't the benches extended to the doors anyways? To prevent door blocking? >.>

Archived