The R160 & The (A)/(C)

Fresh Pond

Maybe my B division partners can help here. Are there switches at Rockaway Avenue ? Rockaway Blvd yes, but Rockaway Ave ???

There are switches just north of the Broadway ENY/ Broadway Junction on the A and C platforms. So that would be far south of the Rockaway Avenue station the next stop on the Local. Pretty flexible for all tracks in turning north and south bound service. Yes it has happen to me, I know you heard this on the radio before, "Change ends Motorman, you're going back north for service":eek:

Careful what you say, its NOT only transit related, its everything. from tech to sex to world bs mate

Yeah, I know right!!

Best way to show free speech...

@topic:

In the early days of Brooklyn IND operation, the (A) terminated at Rockaway Ave... how do the trains on the Brooklyn track reverse? Using those switches on that map previously provided?

bigbklyn-1.png

Is the power issue fixed on the (A)?

Ah... and what is the deal with the switches at Rock Ave?

Okay WIKIPEDIA is a joke and should be dismantled or at least not be able to edit information unless you are the administrator of the site. There has not been any signal/switching problems at Rockaway Avenue. If there was any problems, it would have affected service from Broadway Junction to Jay St (I don't know why, but it has before).

BTW, one of my friends (T/O working on the (A) line) said they MIGHT BE CONSIDERING putting the R160s on the (A) line in the late 2009-early 2010. I hope this is true (but I know its probably not).

Okay WIKIPEDIA is a joke and should be dismantled or at least not be able to edit information unless you are the administrator of the site. There has not been any signal/switching problems at Rockaway Avenue. If there was any problems, it would have affected service from Broadway Junction to Jay St (I don't know why, but it has before).

BTW, one of my friends (T/O working on the (A) line) said they MIGHT BE CONSIDERING putting the R160s on the (A) line in the late 2009-early 2010. I hope this is true (but I know its probably not).

that is definitely not going to happen. the (E) and (F) will be the next and last lines to receive the R160s. when the order is fully completed, the R46s from Jamaica will be moved to Pitkin and 207th Street to replace all R32s, R40Ms, and R42s. i was told by this time next year, the (C) will be using six cars of R46s just like how the (G) used to be.

that is definitely not going to happen. the (E) and (F) will be the next and last lines to receive the R160s. when the order is fully completed, the R46s from Jamaica will be moved to Pitkin and 207th Street to replace all R32s, R40Ms, and R42s. i was told by this time next year, the (C) will be using six cars of R46s just like how the (G) used to be.

Yeah I know thats why i don't believe some of my friends half the time. It wouldn't be enough trains for the 160s to come on the (A) and (C) anyway, now since they are going to Queens Blvd.

when the order is fully completed, the R46s from Jamaica will be moved to Pitkin and 207th Street to replace all R32s, R40Ms, and R42s. i was told by this time next year, the (C) will be using six cars of R46s just like how the (G) used to be.

I thought the (C) was becoming 10-car by next year. That's the only way they could do it because there aren't enough cars for a 6-car (C), they would have to be 8-Cars. I just hope it is by next year because I hate the 40s/42s. They are too uncomfortable.

I think the administrators should ban all editting for certain pages and allowed those with special permission to edit.

Agreed. That is what, logically, will happen.

Yeah I know thats why i don't believe some of my friends half the time. It wouldn't be enough trains for the 160s to come on the (A) and (C) anyway, now since they are going to Queens Blvd.

The future R160s (except the Alstom 4 car sets) will be divided between Coney Island and Jamaica. 207 will NOT be getting them.

I thought the (C) was becoming 10-car by next year. That's the only way they could do it because there aren't enough cars for a 6-car (C), they would have to be 8-Cars. I just hope it is by next year because I hate the 40s/42s. They are too uncomfortable.

They planned to have the (C) made into 10 cars...we'll have to wait for that.

Um... I seen Slants on the (C) and those was 10 cars!

I don't really travel along those neck of the woods but I don't like the sonds of 20 at all (especially if it is true).

If anything, the R160s should take over for anything older than 1978 (yes, most of the fleet)!!!!

Also, call me late here, but what developments have slated the (G)? Do they have more than four cars or am I just getting nowhere here?

Archived