Save the (G)!

MattTrain

Crappy stuff, would rather have to run to the 4 car (G) than wait a god damn half an hour to take the (R)...

The (R) comes every half hour, ehh, more like ten minutes the most. In most station signs, the (G) is supposed to go to Forest Hills during the evenings, weekends and late nights. The (G) is more frequent though because the trains are shorter.

I know and the (G) is green which the Forest Hills station would miss since the FH station is green too! (G)=Green Forest Hills! :D!

That's a good one, (G)reen Forest Hills. Well, unless the cutbacks are over on the (G), I don't see that happening unfortunately. :)

:), :D... And Forest Hills seems to be missing something, like how the (G)'s green bullet almost exactly match the Forest Hills's station beam and color.

You do have the right idea about the (G)'s color matching the Forest Hills Station.

Well, you may be color blind, I feel the green looks alike...

If you feel THAT green matches the colour of the G line, then I say that you have vision problems... I am pretty assured that the livery of Forest Hills is not green-yellow.

71st-Forest_Hills_Subway_Station_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

Not exactly... the bullet is more lighter than the livery on the wall.

does it matter. the (G) will terminate at Long Island City-Court Square 24/7 beginning sometime in 2009 no matter what anyone else says

The line is doomed anyway, be it a service cut or not.

IF there were service increases and the R was extended to Forest Hills overnight, the G will have to truncated then for capacity reasons, the E is local overnight.

Even in this kind of stage, without cuts or increases, the G is truncated. To be honest, how many weekends or late nights did the G go up to Forest Hills?

The line is doomed anyway, be it a service cut or not.

IF there were service increases and the R was extended to Forest Hills overnight, the G will have to truncated then for capacity reasons, the E is local overnight.

Even in this kind of stage, without cuts or increases, the G is truncated. To be honest, how many weekends or late nights did the G go up to Forest Hills?

with the exception of the holiday seasons, the G has not been going to forest hills since 2006 for "electrical work"

What? The Forest Hills station is Green with shades of yellow sometimes, depends on which pole and the quality of the paint... The (G) looks pretty alike, and the bullet is possiby more new, maybe I saw a kind of washed out (G) bullet on the train and it 'nearly' matched the Pole... Not like exactly alike, nothings perfect!

Read what FlushingExpress wrote.

What has this got to do with the salvation of the G line?

About the (G) matching it's old treminal station!

Back to the real topic.

If improvements were to be done on the G, I would consider increasing the G's frequency and extending the length of the train to 6 cars. That's my priority for the line; after that then re-extending the line to Forest Hills. The line is a valuable corridor in that, when something happens to the F, trains could be sent from Brooklyn to Queens in the shortest time possible to minimise delays.

Back to the real topic.

If improvements were to be done on the G, I would consider increasing the G's frequency and extending the length of the train to 6 cars. That's my priority for the line; after that then re-extending the line to Forest Hills. The line is a valuable corridor in that, when something happens to the F, trains could be sent from Brooklyn to Queens in the shortest time possible to minimise delays.

Yep, that's a good way to put it, with the (F) via Crosstown local. The (G) back to six cars, what about eight? Maybe too much. Anyways the (G) using an R68 wouldn't be a bad idea.

Here's my rendering.

Gtrain.jpg

Yep, that's a good way to put it, with the (F) via Crosstown local. The (G) back to six cars, what about eight? Maybe too much. Anyways the (G) using an R68 wouldn't be a bad idea.

Here's my rendering.

Gtrain.jpg

Hippos on the G are very likely, especially if the line is going to be transferred to the Coney Island Yd.

Hippos on the G are very likely, especially if the line is going to be transferred to the Coney Island Yd.

the line IS going to be transferred to the Coney Island Yard, so it WILL get R68/68As, unless it gets R160s, which i highly doubt because you know the MTA treats the G like garbage.

the line IS going to be transferred to the Coney Island Yard, so it WILL get R68/68As, unless it gets R160s, which i highly doubt because you know the MTA treats the G like garbage.

There are no detailed plans of the future operations released to public, or at least here, I do not recommend saying the word "IS" that loudly here on this forum until the plans are definite, even if they are going to be real.

As for the R160s, I also highly doubt the likelihood of them being on the G line.

There are no detailed plans of the future operations released to public, or at least here, I do not recommend saying the word "IS" that loudly here on this forum until the plans are definite, even if they are going to be real.

As for the R160s, I also highly doubt the likelihood of them being on the G line.

The plan IS to call for the G to terminate at Church Avenue as they trying to finish work on the viaduct. Thus it will be Coney Island assignment soon.

Archived