R160 car going crazy!

Harry

I forgot to mention that on Friday on my way to work I was riding the (N) train and the automated announcement started acting up. Right after crossing the Manhattan Bridge and stopping at the Canal Street station the announcement starts stating that the next stop is Avenue U, 30 seconds later, next stop is Kings Highway, 30 seconds more Bay Parkway. It just kept calling all the Brooklyn stops that the train been already passed.

For the morning rush hour where everyone's standing around with serious faces tired and all, it really made a lot of people crack up. Even the stop charts were all wrong. There was a serious glitch on that train that morning. I don't know if it was the whole train or just the car I was in. But it was funny.

It was a pleasent ride to work that Friday morning.

• 1 year later...

I love when the automated stuff goes crazy! :D:) :cool:

One time we had a multilevel that kept telling us the next stop was some stop i never heard of the ENTIRE WAY from trenton to new york! :)

Another time on a R160 the "stand clear of the closing doors please" only said "stand... please" :)

- A

That would be a train line problem only sign problems may not effect the whole train but I can give you one better.

Working on the (L) Line at Canarcie we had a Train on the stand R160 acting up it just keeped repeating " This is a Manhanttan Bound (L) Train" This is a Manhattan Bound (L) Train". At the same time the Auto Station announcements acted up as well repeating "The next Rockaway Parkway Bound (L) is now arriving on the Rockaway Parkway Bound track please step away from the Platform edge". I couldn't wait to get into the crew room both annoucements keeped going and going and loud!

Ha. That happened to me on the <6>. Somehow, Elder Avenue miraculously transformed into Brooklyn Bridge.

Which is why I would like to introduce you to the new <6> Turbo service from MTA New York City Transit. A train line so fast, you don't even realize that you've gone anywhere.

I forgot to mention that on Friday on my way to work I was riding the (N) train and the automated announcement started acting up. Right after crossing the Manhattan Bridge and stopping at the Canal Street station the announcement starts stating that the next stop is Avenue U, 30 seconds later, next stop is Kings Highway, 30 seconds more Bay Parkway. It just kept calling all the Brooklyn stops that the train been already passed.

For the morning rush hour where everyone's standing around with serious faces tired and all, it really made a lot of people crack up. Even the stop charts were all wrong. There was a serious glitch on that train that morning. I don't know if it was the whole train or just the car I was in. But it was funny.

It was a pleasent ride to work that Friday morning.

Heh reminds me of last holiday season...the first time I rode a Siemens R160 set...

Announcements were on "Brooklyn loop" just like ya said, train pulls into Whitehall N/B and a BOATLOAD of tourists get in and hear in Manhattan "Next stop 86th street" (referring to gravesend of course), all the non NYers looked about ready to wet their pants...

Announcements were on "Brooklyn loop" just like ya said, train pulls into Whitehall N/B and a BOATLOAD of tourists get in and hear in Manhattan "Next stop 86th street" (referring to gravesend of course), all the non NYers looked about ready to wet their pants...

You know after the Yankees Lo-V run, that (4) train's announcements, displays, and everything went out just before GCT. After a few stops with no announcements, the system was rebooted and at 28th St and we heard, "This is a Manhattan-bound 4 train. The next stop is Mosholu Parkway." It didn't seem to throw too many people, at least not in my car, but one group (likely tourists) stopped with that look of "what did it say? is this our train?" and asked random riders if it was stopping at their stop. Hehe. Always amusing.

You know after the Yankees Lo-V run, that (4) train's announcements, displays, and everything went out just before GCT. After a few stops with no announcements, the system was rebooted and at 28th St and we heard, "This is a Manhattan-bound 4 train. The next stop is Mosholu Parkway." It didn't seem to throw too many people, at least not in my car, but one group (likely tourists) stopped with that look of "what did it say? is this our train?" and asked random riders if it was stopping at their stop. Hehe. Always amusing.

Haha of course. I also loved the time I was on teh S/B 4 over the summer and a tourist gets on in the Bronx (Bedford park actualy ha) and asks about U-ti-ca Ave. I told her stay on the train till you hear "last stop". I was going to GCT, meanwhile, she asks about three times on that stretch alone about "u-ti-ca" ave (i swear, she really said it just like that), so we were all telling her to relax, you got a lonnnggg way to go...

Could you imagine if the announcements weren't working? "next stop Utica Ave" - "u-ti-ca???" *train pulls into union square* :P...also why I told her to listen for the "last stop" announcement...

Haha of course. I also loved the time I was on teh S/B 4 over the summer and a tourist gets on in the Bronx (Bedford park actualy ha) and asks about U-ti-ca Ave. I told her stay on the train till you hear "last stop". I was going to GCT, meanwhile, she asks about three times on that stretch alone about "u-ti-ca" ave (i swear, she really said it just like that), so we were all telling her to relax, you got a lonnnggg way to go...

Could you imagine if the announcements weren't working? "next stop Utica Ave" - "u-ti-ca???" *train pulls into union square* :P...also why I told her to listen for the "last stop" announcement...

Interesting stops for a tourist, Bedford Pk and Utica. I hope she didn't end up going back the other way since "Crown Hts" didn't sound close enough to "U-ti-ca". I think that deserves to be up there with Crappy's "Arr thirty twoooooooooooo's" B)

Interesting stops for a tourist, Bedford Pk and Utica. I hope she didn't end up going back the other way since "Crown Hts" didn't sound close enough to "U-ti-ca". I think that deserves to be up there with Crappy's "Arr thirty twoooooooooooo's" :P

haha well played...

"crappy mccrappers we're on the wrong platform!" LOL!!!

Archived