Flatbush and Quill are swaping 51XX Nova RTS

trainfan22

Is this just the 5100s or are the 5000s and 5200s getting swapped as well?
Just the 5100's, however the 5100's with ZF transmission will stay because Quill doesn't have parts to maintain buses with those transmissions.

5014 & 5015 were seen in manhattan as well as 5056. 5214 was also seen in Manhattan.

I spotted 5127 in brooklyn on flatbush ave....

Went to flatbush today and theres SIX Orion VII NG's inside the depot!! one of numbers was 3808 IIRC, they were parked in the middle of the depot near the jackstands. Now new arrivals from Quill, 5053, 5132. Also I saw 9566 on the B31, this bus must have came recently because I don't think flatbush has any 95XX Novas, well they do now.

As for the artic at flatbush, as of right now that just seems like a foamer myth there was no artics at the depot from what I seen today.

Went to flatbush today and theres SIX Orion VII NG's inside the depot!! one of numbers was 3808 IIRC, they were parked in the middle of the depot near the jackstands. Now new arrivals from Quill, 5053, 5132. Also I saw 9566 on the B31, this bus must have came recently because I don't think flatbush has any 95XX Novas, well they do now.

As for the artic at flatbush, as of right now that just seems like a foamer myth there was no artics at the depot from what I seen today.

While I took that picture, and you told me to get out of your territory, I saw 4 more Orion VII in the depot and a Orion V pulling out. Weird.

P.S. You wish, I staying in your territory! B)

Just a quick question

Is 5204 an Ex-Flatbush Depot Bus?

In order for that to be the case, that bus would have had to come from East New York first and it didn't. The lowest 5200 ENY ever had was 5205 and that went from 5205 to 5249 before all those buses moved to Flatbush Depot last year.

Other new additions to Flatbush: 5040,5046,5189, I've spotted during this week on the B41 & B44 with corresponding decals.

Also 5039-5054, 5125-5144, 5171-5204 all have cameras installed on buses, so I believe its going to be a EVEN SWAP between FLA buses and MJQ buses, but also I think FLA could keep 5221-5249, and 5105-5124. I believe those buses have the ZF parts. Someone please kindly correct me IF IM WRONG.

As far as the artic craze, I believe those were only there for training purposes, other members on the board observed artics in FLATBUSH.

It would be nice if FLATBUSH could get artics in 2009.

Thanks and Happy holidays

FUTURE FLA B/O :)

New Flyer does suck. The best the MTA has is the 1994 TMC RTS.

Ok, why do you think NF suck? If you say they ride like crap, thats more of the MTA fault than NF fault. It depends on how the bus is spec'd, there spec'd to MTA standards CT Transit New flyer buses ride really smooth and the surbuban seats are near PERFECT!!! Those New flyer surbuban seats can give MTA crusier seats a run for their money. Speaking of MCI's the rockland county MCI's seats are much more comfy than MTA MCI seats IMO. It all depends on how the bus is spec'd.

Operators at MJQ can't stand the 1993 RTS. Give them RTS buses from 1994 to 1999 and they'll be happy.

That is not entirely true, as I have an uncle who does some work @ MJQ. The TMCs are pretty good to most operators, there's just 6 in general that are giving such problems. The 1000 series New Flyers are kinda losing their flair. the 1080s and up are at their best, while the belows are kinda getting bruised up.

I agreed. The 93 TMCs are garbage and should be scrapped immediately. The artics are very good.

Out of curiosity, do you think the TMc are garbage in comparison to the new NGs that are flooding the Flatbush Depot along with these unwanted swappers from Michael Quill Depot.

And just to respond to the comment, I happen to love the 1991 and 1993 TMCs. Its nice to see such reliable buses as they are in their golden years, especially the former.

Strange you mention that. A B/O on the M21 (high senority line) told me that he didn't like the 1993 RTS. Believe me, this guy knows his stuff.

The 10xx Artics is something that B/O's love.

Every bus operator @ MJQ has their own opinions about each bus, not the whole fleet in general.

There are some 93s that act a lot like the Novas, while others act like pure crapolas. I also speak with bus operators of high and low senority along the M14A and M9 routes since I live along the routes, and ask them how some buses are. The only bad TMCs I've heard about so far are 8643, 8638, 8628-29 and 8660. The others seem to be running pretty nicely. And the M9 is usually TMC Dominated with a few novas here and there.

The 1000 series artics are loved by alot of the B/O's. But there are some that has some weird issues, engine & handling wise.

P.S - NGs arent crap. They are perfectly fine, I just dont want them @ MJQ cause I love my RTSs :)

Even though so many people are disrespecting the 1991 TMCs and 1993 TMCs on this site, I continue to stay faithful to these great buses. In fact, Michael Quill are keeping with the faith as well.

The reason I say this? Because they are giving their 8800s to Flatbush in favor of the 84xxs that have been at Flatbush since their inception back in 1994. They are not just swapping the 5100s, but they are basically swapping everything for something else. They have also taken the liberty of giving the 1991 TMCs (at Flatbush Avenue Depot) to sister depot Grand Avenue Depot in Queens. That makes me, a "Grand Avenuer", really Really happy and many "other" GRand Avenuers really Really ANGRY

Archived