Playing with NTT signs when C/R

mark1447

Very slim... the fact is, at this time, we are being threatened with service cuts. I really doubt they would bring back skip stop service with all of this stuff going about.

You will not see it on that line again. It was done to help benefit Marble Hill and Riverdale riders who had to endure all the local stops from 103-181st. But after all the politics had gone through and enough neighborhoods, community boards, and politicians had complained, most of the stops being skipped were north of Dyckman...so the service was actually hurting those it was designed to benefit. Hence why the practice stopped.

You will not see it on that line again. It was done to help benefit Marble Hill and Riverdale riders who had to endure all the local stops from 103-181st. But after all the politics had gone through and enough neighborhoods, community boards, and politicians had complained, most of the stops being skipped were north of Dyckman...so the service was actually hurting those it was designed to benefit. Hence why the practice stopped.

Yeah, skip stop service in general sucks because of the set-up and it messes up the capacity.

The (1) still has skip stop service. Just ask those whose stops are bypassed during the rush hours..... :confused::confused::confused:........

Those are battery runs, which are akin to bona fide skip stop. However they are not scheduled on paper, and are only used to minimise delays. They are commonly found on the (6) and the (F).

Those are battery runs, which are akin to bona fide skip stop. However they are not scheduled on paper, and are only used to minimise delays. They are commonly found on the (6) and the (F).

Actually take it from an A Div T/O, they are not. There is no scheduled skip stop on the (1) line, unless a train is late leaving the terminal. You see sometimes it's best not to always read into a sentence. Apparently SubwayGuy got the joke. But if you don't, I'll explain. When trains are delayed by people holding doors during the rush hours, RCC or a tower will tell the train to skip stops, to make up time. Those who stops are bypassed of course are pissed. That's why I say ask them if skip stop on the (1) exists. That was the joke my friend..........

Actually take it from an A Div T/O, they are not. There is no scheduled skip stop on the (1) line, unless a train is late leaving the terminal. You see sometimes it's best not to always read into a sentence. Apparently SubwayGuy got the joke. But if you don't, I'll explain. When trains are delayed by people holding doors during the rush hours, RCC or a tower will tell the train to skip stops, to make up time. Those who stops are bypassed of course are pissed. That's why I say ask them if skip stop on the (1) exists. That was the joke my friend..........

JOKE INDEED. :mad:

Especially when someone is half asleep before the screen.

Archived