Can we use Student Metros during the holidays?

SevenEleven

I am going to say this, just for your own sake, DO NOT use your student Metrocard during non-school days, especially in a major station hub like Times Square, Herald Square, Penn Station, Union Square, etc. Don't use in buses, the bus operator will kick you out.

Like what others said, you can try at your own risk, but best bet is not to do it. This is fare evasion. If you really have to ride the bus or subway more than twice a day, use an unlimited metrocard.

I will admit that I have used a student metrocard during the weekends once, and was questioned by police for that. Didn't get fined, nor arrested, but received a warning regarding the using of the Student Metrocard. Well that was about five years ago.

Whatever you do, don't use it when you don't have school.

That really sucks...

It does sound legally and morally correct, but come on... DEMANDING TWO BUCKS THRU THE MAIL?

But its way better than showing up to you your house and saying:

Name here,

You're under arrest for fare evasion.

You have the right to remain silent...

But its way better than showing up to you your house and saying:

Name here,

You're under arrest for fare evasion.

You have the right to remain silent...

Now that is even more pathetic.

That's like in the days of the USSR... the KGB goes to your house at night, raps your door holding a flashlight. "Silence, we are on orders of the Communist Party. We are now holding you custody for fare evasion on the Moscow Metro."

Now that is even more pathetic.

That's like in the days of the USSR... the KGB goes to your house at night, raps your door holding a flashlight. "Silence, we are on orders of the Communist Party. We are now holding you custody for fare evasion on the Moscow Metro."

Off topic. but...that reminds me of a movie I saw where the police just raided the main character's house on suspicion that he had a plot to overthrow the gov't.

I didn't get in trouble with the cops but one surly bus driver refused to let me use the card. I had to pay in coins.

Same here. One day I went to the city on Rosh Hashanah to take my bro to the dentist. I used my student pass to get into the subway @ WTC, and went in fine. But when I got on the bus to head home, the bus driver just told me to get off and wait for the next bus.

For Students who attends Regent, RCT, SAT tutoring on Saturday, school official offers Student MetroCard- Special Program pass that good for two trips with free transfer.)

One Saturday, when I was attending the RCT, teacher issue me Special Program pass for Saturday, so I could prepare for Regent Competensy Test, however when I was living at 1771 1st Av and during HSES, 86th St station agent told me, "You cannot use it because no school."

I told her, "Teacher give me this to attend TUTORING FOR RCT at school."

That was when only Bowling Green-bound (5) became Bronx-bound (5) express train via 7th Av line.

Archived