Todays Take....

Brighton Local

I took my friend on the R-1/9 Nostalgia Train for 1 round trip. I've been telling him about it for months, but he was deprived ( lol ) from meeting other train 'buffs'. Anyways, I didn't photograpgh the R-1/9 too much, because I have too many shots of them from this past summer and last years Nostalgia trip. Here's my take on before and after riding the Arnines...

DSCN5186a.jpg

DSCN5187.jpg

DSCN5190.jpg

DSCN5196.jpg

DSCN5200.jpg

DSCN5201.jpg

DSCN5202.jpg

DSCN5203a.jpg

She was hot!

DSCN5205.jpg

DSCN5240.jpg

DSCN5241.jpg

DSCN5243.jpg

And Zachary Himself....

DSCN5225a.jpg

A Couple of notes about today:

-Riding the R-1/9s, not only through the 53 St Tunnel, but via the 6 Av Dash - Northbound, was sweet!

-A lot, and I emphasize the word, a lot, of R32's were on the (F) today.

-It seems when the Nostalgia Train runs during the month of December, the (MTA) gives back to Crosstown riders, because the (G) was in service to/from Forest Hills and Smith/9 Sts.

-The R160 (E) was out today as well.

-Met up with NYTransit, Dude, were always bumping into each other! Nice to see you!

-Met up with Pablo, and met a new bunch of cool guys as well...!

-Around 2:30, an R68 28XX series set went into service, heading Northbound on the Brighton. Its been a while since Ive seen an R68 (Q) Set. Lately its all R68A and R160A/B.

Zach

Very nice and clear pictures. Thanks!

Thanks!

Excellent pics!

Thanks C! I was looking and asking where you were today!

sweet images dude! was that an R68 (D) train elevated in the bronx?
Thanks Man! That R68 (D) was actually photographed at the Bensonhurst-Bay Parkway/86 St Station, in Brooklyn.

* I gave you a shout out in the 'notes' area of my post.. :)

oh,well i never new they had arched sttations instead of metal.

Yeah. Part of the Bay Parkway station is concrete-constructed. 80% of the Ocean Parkway (Q) Station sits on a concrete structure as well. The Queens Blvd stretch of the (7) line sits on a concrete viaduct between Rawson/33 Sts, and Bliss/46 Sts.

Sweet pics Zach! :D

Thanks!

nice, u sound like u never seen the R1/R9 just EXPLORING the looks of that sexy car , u like man i wanna talk to this train!! :) jk!

I took my friend on the R-1/9 Nostalgia Train for 1 round trip. I've been telling him about it for months, but he was deprived ( lol ) from meeting other train 'buffs'. Anyways, I didn't photograpgh the R-1/9 too much, because I have too many shots of them from this past summer and last years Nostalgia trip. Here's my take on before and after riding the Arnines...

Thanks.. My friend has never seen the Museum set in person...

Archived