Interesting! (B39 being under 3 depots)

I Run Trains

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I always knew the B39 was split with GA, FP, and FB, but always seen it on GA.

Well tonight I was waiting for a B39 @ 2am and it Came as a flatbush bus and when it got across the bridge to Williamsburg plaza it turned in a B46. And that was the bus I had to transfer to so I stay on.

I also saw a FP Q54 turn into a B39 going back into manhattan.

Its nothing major, I just found that interesting. I never knew how that worked!

I was wondering if anybody else did!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

its called interlining. If you busfan Bee-Line or LIB, thats not uncommon.

I know that. Its done in the Bronx with the Bx17 and Bx15, but all I was saying is I didn't know it worked liked that at nice. Let just say it suprised me that I finally saw how that worked with that line by mistake instead of looking for it!

The same thing happens with the B12 and B25 buses in Brooklyn. During the PM rush hours, the B12 and B25 (normally run from the East NY Depot) have special trips from the Flatbush Depot. I do not know about the B12 reliefers, but for the B25s coming from the Flatbush Avenue Depot, they go as far as Cadman Plaza and then become the B41 without so much as an explanation.

It be so nice to see the 1991 and 1993 TMCS on the B25 as well as the 51/5200s that left ENY a few years ago. I'm sure it will be interesting to see the New Generation of Hybrids on the B25 and the B12 as those routes flood the Hybrids and imagine seeing the two of them back to back and being able to choose which bus you want to get on.

I always knew the B39 was split with GA, FP, and FB, but always seen it on GA.

Well tonight I was waiting for a B39 @ 2am and it Came as a flatbush bus and when it got across the bridge to Williamsburg plaza it turned in a B46. And that was the bus I had to transfer to so I stay on.

I also saw a FP Q54 turn into a B39 going back into manhattan.

Its nothing major, I just found that interesting. I never knew how that worked!

I was wondering if anybody else did!

Yes sir.

On different instances, I've been on two B39's that later turned into other routes... one time it came off the bridge & did a run on the B44 (that bus I got off, as the 39.. and then got back on again as the 44... just like you did w/ the 46 you needed).... the other time, it did a run on the B47... nobody got on that bus at WBP....

the time w/ the b44, happened years ago... the time w/ the B47 happened last year....

Do they do this in Queens?

Interlining, yes, somewhat often.

Especially w/ the MTABus routes over @ 165th.....

Archived