PSP freezes computer with USB cable

Bustitution

I just got a PSP for Christmas. I know how to do everything on it. Put songs, and images on it. I use a USB cord to transfer all of the media from my PC to PSP. Now I can not do that anymore. Everytime I connect the PSP to my PC using a USB cable, the PC just freezes completely and I have to restart the computer. A message comes up while the PSP is in USB mode and it says that I have to change the USB charge to off. I do that and the PC and PSP will never pick up a USB device.

What do I do to solve this problem? Do I need a new USB cable? Can I take it back to the retailer to troubleshoot this problem?

Try restoring your PSP to default settings.

Settings > System Settings > Restore Default Settings.

Try using different usb cords/ports to see if this causes your computer to freeze up. If it does, you can always uninstall the driver for the PSP, and reinstall it again by putting the PSP into USB Mode.

Also, if you hacked your PSP, you might want to go into recovery and format flash1 as well.

Try restoring your PSP to default settings.

Settings > System Settings > Restore Default Settings.

Try using different usb cords/ports to see if this causes your computer to freeze up. If it does, you can always uninstall the driver for the PSP, and reinstall it again by putting the PSP into USB Mode.

Also, if you hacked your PSP, you might want to go into recovery and format flash1 as well.

How do I uninstall the the driver for the PSP?

I formatted the Memory stick Dou. How do I recover and format the the flash 1?

How do I uninstall the the driver for the PSP?

I formatted the Memory stick Dou. How do I recover and format the the flash 1?

Go to Device Manager (My Computer, right-click on it, and go to Properties, then Hardware tab, then Device Manager)

Find the driver for anything relating to the PSP, and uninstall it.

Also, if you can only access recovery/format flash1 if you flashed custom firmware to your PSP.

• 1 month later...

Archived