New SBS stop coming soon (Bx12)

paulrivera

Sometime within the next week or so, a new stop will be added to the SBS Bx12 at Sedgwick Avenue. Apparently this is due to the complaints from senior citizens (particularly the ones from Fordham Hill) that only had local service after SBS started. Look for the Sedgwick stop to be added no later than next week.

Sometime within the next week or so, a new stop will be added to the SBS Bx12 at Sedgwick Avenue. Apparently this is due to the complaints from senior citizens (particularly the ones from Fordham Hill) that only had local service after SBS started. Look for the Sedgwick stop to be added no later than next week.

Sounds great because really, if I was told that the local ends at Sedgwick, I would not want to walk all the way near the bridge just for SBS.

wats the exact part of sedgwick i might wanna take a shot..

Also it would be nice to HAVE the SBS run local in manhattan seeing that its like 5 blocks from Broadway to 10th Avenue wtf?

I think he meant on the same block as the current local stop. Westbound it would be on the same block as the park.

Question: Do a lot of people wish to board or exit between Broadway and 10th?

wats the exact part of sedgwick i might wanna take a shot..

I know for a fact the new E/B stop is across the street from the local stop, W/B might be on the same block but dont quote me on that one.

I would not want to walk all the way near the bridge just for SBS.

Which is why some of the local/SBS stops are at the same location: to transfer between the local and the SBS as needed (x-fers between the Bx12 local and SBS are free btw.) Now if you wanted to do 12 local/SBS/(1) or (A), im not sure if its a double fare or you get 3-trip transfers for that....

I saw that while passing through Fordham Rd the other day. I always thought that should have been an SBS stop just because you still have so many people who think the Sedgwick Av Bx12 goes to Manhattan, let alone all the passengers who live in Fordham Hill. I think this will be a good thing.

I know for a fact the new E/B stop is across the street from the local stop, W/B might be on the same block but dont quote me on that one.

Which is why some of the local/SBS stops are at the same location: to transfer between the local and the SBS as needed (x-fers between the Bx12 local and SBS are free btw.) Now if you wanted to do 12 local/SBS/(1) or (A), im not sure if its a double fare or you get 3-trip transfers for that....

If you are using Metrocard Pay Per Ride:

Local, request for transfer ticket. Go to SBS, get a receipt. Then go to the subway station and use your metrocard.

If you are paying cash:

Yeah, you would pay double.

I don't know why it didn't stop there in the first place...but good move on their part.

Now if they could only put a stop on Bartow Avenue outside of Bay Plaza...=[

they were going to put a stop on bartow but the NIMBYs in co-op city wanted no part in SBS, even when MTA originally wanted to extend the route into Co-op city itself.

Archived