R40 Slant At Far Rockaway Yard!? wtf?

Maserati7200

CIMG1028.jpg

CIMG1025.jpg

Yesterday when I was ralifanning (I'll post more pics soon), I saw a R40 Slant in Far Rockaway yard. Wtf is it doing here? Why? :confused: Also, look at the windows, they have some blue blockers on them? Why is it here, and why are there blue blockers on the windows?

***CORRECTION*** ROCKAWAY PARK YARD!

That is School Car for that Yard location. It's like a training room for Train Operators and Conductors that will have class there. They are still working on that, don't know when it will be finished. The Next time I run into an instructor I will ask when will it be fully functional.

More possibly of a NYPD training car, since there is a notice and possibly NYPD get trained on it for safety purposes...

I work at this location, it is School Car.

NYPD can join in on the fun but I was told by my Dispatcher and three TSS's that has visited those cars and put up those window shades/coverings that it is for Train Operators and Conductors in training at this location.

I work at this location, it is School Car.

NYPD can join in on the fun but I was told by my Dispatcher and three TSS's that has visited those cars and put up those window shades/coverings that it is for Train Operators and Conductors in training at this location.

weird to see a train as a skool car, do they remove the benches there?

And why dont they set up a Building then a train?

weird to see a train as a skool car, do they remove the benches there?

And why dont they set up a Building then a train?

The MTA is always strapped for cash. Think about it, you have shelter, heat and electricity at no added expense. Space is always limited and cars that are about to retire become some pretty good real estate. What better place to learn than in MTA's own equipment. Building from scratch is not cheap and it takes time.

I went to school car in old R-10's on Ptkin Yard, they are still there today. When I came out on the road we still had some running around.

What those look like on the inside is a mystery to me. Before they put up the coverings on the windows it looked like regular cars with the bench seats. Changes have been made but I am sure it will be in line with the instructions that will be taught there.

Archived