Your favorite site banners

Tracknut

• 2 weeks later...
Okay! New all time favorite banner:

Banner45_950x175.gif

Did anyone here take this photo? If so I want to say its awesome. Harry, can you point me in the direction of who's this is? Its awesome!

I like that one too. It reminds me of the early Amtrak Trains. Then again NJDOT trains were almost similar to that train and the early Amtraks with the mixture of coaches used. You had cars from BN/GN, Rock, MoPac, ATSF, PRR/PC, Erie Lackawanna, CNJ, and I'm sure a few others were used.

I like that one too. It reminds me of the early Amtrak Trains. Then again NJDOT trains were almost similar to that train and the early Amtraks with the mixture of coaches used. You had cars from BN/GN, Rock, MoPac, ATSF, PRR/PC, Erie Lackawanna, CNJ, and I'm sure a few others were used.

Weren't they called Rainbow Trains because of the mixed coaches?

Weren't they called Rainbow Trains because of the mixed coaches?

It was called the Rainbow era on Amtrak. NJDOT's trains were commonly called "Jersey Builders" due to the amount of ex-GN (Great Northern) cars used. There were a few other nicknames used "E-L Capitan" comes to mind as the ex-Santa Fe cars were mainly kept on the Hoboken side although a few came over to the Newark side. Pics are on the Fallen Flags site of ATSF coaches marked for PC and CNJ.

It was called the Rainbow era on Amtrak. NJDOT's trains were commonly called "Jersey Builders" due to the amount of ex-GN (Great Northern) cars used. There were a few other nicknames used "E-L Capitan" comes to mind as the ex-Santa Fe cars were mainly kept on the Hoboken side although a few came over to the Newark side. Pics are on the Fallen Flags site of ATSF coaches marked for PC and CNJ.

Yes exactly thank you.:)

Archived