Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Ricky2400

Hello Everyone...

My name is Rick. I'm new to these boards and came across while surfing. I've always been a fan of NJT buses - actually, the predecessors (Public Service, TNJ, Orange & Black, etc.) I guess I'm kind of "old school" but although well-aware of the current NJT fleet (D4000/4500's, RTS, the new NABIs and the soon-to-be-retired Flxible 3000/3100/3500 series) I miss the old GM SDM/TDM fishbowls, 5108's and deck-and-a-half coaches; I recall as a kid seeing several different bus carriers serving PABT, such as those mentioned as well as Lakeland; Somerset Bus Co.; West Hunterdon, etc (now defunct); Suburban Transit; Red & Tan and Shortline (all now Coach USA). I know that this primarily is about NYC Transit buses but can't NOT salute the suburban carriers as well. Anyway, sorry for the long read, but just wanted to join in and look forward to "talking shop" with some of you guys.

Have a Happy 2009!

My name is Rick. I'm new to these boards and came across while surfing. I've always been a fan of NJT buses - actually, the predecessors (Public Service, TNJ, Orange & Black, etc.) I guess I'm kind of "old school" but although well-aware of the current NJT fleet (D4000/4500's, RTS, the new NABIs and the soon-to-be-retired Flxible 3000/3100/3500 series) I miss the old GM SDM/TDM fishbowls, 5108's and deck-and-a-half coaches; I recall as a kid seeing several different bus carriers serving PABT, such as those mentioned as well as Lakeland; Somerset Bus Co.; West Hunterdon, etc (now defunct); Suburban Transit; Red & Tan and Shortline (all now Coach USA). I know that this primarily is about NYC Transit buses but can't NOT salute the suburban carriers as well. Anyway, sorry for the long read, but just wanted to join in and look forward to "talking shop" with some of you guys.

Have a Happy 2009!

Welcome to NYC Transit Forums! Thanks for the informative intro. Hope you enjoy the board. :cool: