Answer Key for Exam #8094

Y2Julio

I agree with Jah 100% and I am a white Male but I came up the ranks of C/R. Also they made the last few Prom T/O Exam before the O/C exam started very hard with few people passing it. So that gave them the reason to push for O/C Exam. Also Yes they were looking for some Guys out of College to spend a few Years as a T/O then hope they took the Promotion exams to join Mgt since they think those of us T/O's that came from other titles are currupt heard it many times in school car us C/Rs are a bunch of currupt liers and could not wait unit they started calling for the O/C exam. It didn't borther me while others got upset and lots went back to thier other titles. I really didn't care when I was in School car because I wasn't sure If I wanted to stay so I told them if you drop me I could care less go back to C/R and have weekends off. However most people talked me into staying.

Also back to another point they like O/C T/O and C/R because you can scare them very easy and brain wash them to be a good boy or Girl your parner does anything tell us they don't pay your bills and at the same time tell you your a team work together but make sure you tell control if you have any problem. They will also tell you to rat yourself out. Got to love school car.:eek:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me i did work 5 years off the books and i did go to a technical school in jersey 2 study auto mechanics and i`m paying off the loan right now i do have 59 credits from it and it`s a 13 month program
I doubt you've been working full time since you were 16.

So whats the relationships like between T/O's and C/R's??????

I used to work for another city agency and it was like being on the Jerry Springer show the way they treated each other.

T/O's and C/R's are partners and generally get along well. RTO gets along well but other departments like car equipment HATE RTO and it's empoyees.

RTO????

I'm a little green here.......

RTO is rapid transit operations. The TA is split into divisions this is the division that includes the operating personell T/O, C/R's, ann TW/O.

Different divisons have different rules and even benefits because they negotiate by divison for the contracts only the main items like raises and health benefits are union wide.

Some people just require more trainning, and some pick it up quickly. Just like the young man who takes trains for the joy of it, I'm quite sure he did not go through 6 months of training but he was still able to drive that train reather well.

Yea, I heard darius operated that (E) train from 34th st to WTC really well. The C/R didn't even notice the diffence until he saw darius at the last stop. However IIRC motormen that was yard posting let darius do their jobs operating trains around the yard so he kinda got famiar with the equipment (I assume the equipment was pre GOH R32's and 46's) before he stole that E train.

I have a simple question for all the t/o on this board ,overall is this a good job or bad job yes or no? From what i read here i get the impression that this job is pure hell pleeeeeeease tell me im wrong. I know the hours stink and weekends off are a decade away but it pays well and the benifits are good plus a pension. Thats a damn rare thing these days.

Does not matter to me, ill b in the tracks doin wat i have to do... so if the T/Os happens to go down like ya sayin, well wat can we do... he's up front and C/Rs in middle name ur stops and make sure ppl are safely away and inside the train!:cool:

oh BTW i got 5 wrong in the Afternoon Session did the calculations and got a 93% Woo Hooo!!B)

(MTA)

I have a simple question for all the t/o on this board ,overall is this a good job or bad job yes or no? From what i read here i get the impression that this job is pure hell pleeeeeeease tell me im wrong. I know the hours stink and weekends off are a decade away but it pays well and the benifits are good plus a pension. Thats a damn rare thing these days.

I wouldn't say its pure Hell but many times I wish I stayed a C/R because it is very easy for T/O's to get in trouble. Overall I like being a T/O but steel dust is in my family's blood. I am use to all the BS and handle it in my own way its like second nature.

Guest battieboi
I wouldn't say its pure Hell but many times I wish I stayed a C/R because it is very easy for T/O's to get in trouble. Overall I like being a T/O but steel dust is in my family's blood. I am use to all the BS and handle it in my own way its like second nature.

how many hours does a t/o work in a 5 day week; how many back and forth trips does he/she do a day ?

DCAS sometimes checks your qualifications after the test is administered. Probably why they allow you apply for it regardless. Which exam did you take? exam #8094 or exam #8557?? If you took exam #8094 that's the open competitive exam. If you took exam #8557 which if you don't work for the MTA, you won't qualify and won't get called.

I took 8557. And many others did the same as well which are not MTA employees. Y would they allow us to take the exam in the first place?

I took 8557. And many others did the same as well which are not MTA employees. Y would they allow us to take the exam in the first place?
I believe they check your qualifications after the examination. I guess it's easier for them to do it after? When you sent in your application, did you put down 8557? Perhaps someone at DCAS messed up when they sent your admittance card?

They do mess up sometimes. I remember when I took the T/O PRO as a C/R. I got a letter about 1 years after taken the exam that I was disquilified because there was no record of my being a NYCT Employee. I was given a number to NYCT HR Department for any questions. I was getting ready for work reading this letter so I called them and the lady said well if you got the latter you must not be an employee. Me "If I am not an employee then I am not going to work today your going to be missing a C/R this afternoon."! Then she changed her tune and asked for my name and pass then realised I was an employee and told me its a computer error will currect the problem. She also said "Please report to work at your regular time and location".

Its funny now looking back at it.

Archived